Reviews Categories | Electronic Component Suppliers | Surplus Sales of Nebraska Help

Reviews Summary for Surplus Sales of Nebraska
Surplus Sales of Nebraska Reviews: 33 Average rating: 3.4/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Sells hard to find and obselete parts. Many Collins parts.
More info: http://www.surplussales.com/

You can write your own review of the Surplus Sales of Nebraska.

K2LRC Rating: 0/5 May 30, 2014 11:12 Send this review to a friend
Do not care for Customers  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I service Collins 30L-1's and buy sets of 811A's all the time. Well after buying these Tubes for many years from Bob at Surplus Sales I have to say that these folks have now become very negative to work with. After buying a large number of Cetron 811A's from them I had two of them in different sets burn up right after plugging them in. After calling there they replaced one tube for free and then I had another set go bad and they refused to do any more after this second set.

This week Surplus Sales sent out a $100 discount buy email and I sent them a message that I would like to know what the discount would be on a set of 811A's at $150.

First they tell me that since I had all of these troubles with the 811A's they would no longer sell me any more tubes.

Be aware of these guys even if they are the only source left to buy parts that you may need.

KK8ZZ Rating: 5/5 May 15, 2013 17:44 Send this review to a friend
Always fair and efficient  Time owned: more than 12 months
Bought Collins parts numerous times and they were always fair and considerate. They are often the ONLY source of certain surplus or obsolete parts and hardware. Keep up the good work !

W7KKK Rating: 5/5 May 15, 2013 15:16 Send this review to a friend
Fast Service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I needed a doorknob cap to replace one blown in an amp I picked up.
The price was right and this outfit allows you to pick your own shipper and price.
They shipped fast by USPS and I had the part in 48 hours.

N4UE Rating: 5/5 May 15, 2013 12:29 Send this review to a friend
Could not get any better!  Time owned: more than 12 months
It's been a while since I purchased anything from SSN. I recently ordered a pair of Jackson Bros. 6:1 ball drives. The price was great, the delivery was super fast and the drives are brand new.
Plus, being able to pay via PayPal, made it that much better!

ron
N4UE

PA2DW Rating: 5/5 Mar 2, 2013 15:47 Send this review to a friend
Excellent products and support  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I read the negative comments regarding this company and they do not reflect my experiences at all. I have bought Collins and General Radio parts and equipment from them and everyhting arrived as advertised.
The stuff they sell is hard to get here in Europe, so please keep this company alive!

Best 73, Dick PA2DW

KD0REQ Rating: 5/5 Mar 2, 2013 12:22 Send this review to a friend
no problems here  Time owned: months
I have had several orders over the past few years from Surplus Sales. first one, some old Heath/Collins connectors, no problems and got 'em in two days. this week, ordered a tape head from their Gates/Harris closeouts. got a call within a few minutes advising me the picture shown on the website was not the actual head I ordered, and was I sure of the application? told her I ordered by the Nortronics part number and knew what I was getting. she reviewed shipping with me, and I had it in two days. similar experience over 20 years ago by mail. they're OK for me.

W8AQ Rating: 4/5 Feb 5, 2013 06:37 Send this review to a friend
Very Smooth Transaction  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I ordered a reprint of an old manual from Surplus Sales. After ordering I checked out the reviews here and frankly got worried. I have to say though, I had absolutely no problems with my purchase. It was shipped in a timely manner and an email I sent asking about the order was promptly replied to. The cost of the manual was a little more than I would like but it's been out of print for more than half a century and I knew the price when I ordered. And the fact I can buy it anywhere at any price is a plus IMHO.

I have no complaints with the vendor and will likely purchase from them again as I need old parts that are difficult to locate. They have a number of items that I just haven't seen elsewhere.

WA1SEO Rating: 1/5 Nov 4, 2012 18:05 Send this review to a friend
Shop Elsewhere  Time owned: more than 12 months
I called them about a roller inductor that I was interested in that they had for sale. I told them what I wanted to use it for and asked them to verify some measurements...particularly the shaft length. When I received it, the shaft length was significantly shorter and one could see where it had been cut down. I inquired about sending it back for a refund and was declined. I wound up having to pay a local machinist to make me an adapter.

Would I ever buy from them again? NO!

OPIE32311 Rating: 0/5 Nov 4, 2012 08:11 Send this review to a friend
Surplus Sales of Nebraska: Caveat Emptor  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I contacted Surplus Sales concerning the remaining stock of 3/16th in. Phosphor Bronze wire. The website listed the price @ 1.00 per foot and was informed I would get a discounted rate of .75 cent per foot if ordering more than 1000 ft. I agreed to purchasing the remain stock of 1600 ft. I gave them my credit card info and completed the sale. When I called back 2 days later to check on shipping I was told that there was a problem. Bob had changed the price to $2.75 a foot and they would not honor the price of sale. My options were pay 3.5 X more or they would cancel my order. Unable to swallow the 350% price increase I declined. Companies are only as good as the people who own and operate them and when their philosophy is one of profit before honor or more succienctly screw the customer both the company and the customer suffer. We should not hate Bob but pity him. A man is only as good as his word and

KE0UF Rating: 1/5 May 7, 2011 11:33 Send this review to a friend
Avoid this business!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Avoid this place, really poor customer service!
Ordered 4 oz of small parts, $11.50 for shipping,
E-Mailed twice, no response. This is how they make their money! Ordered spray paint, bad nozzle or something? Wanted me to ship back so they could see it at my expense? Find somewhere else to make your purchases! This guy is a Rip Off!