Reviews Categories | Electronic Component Suppliers | Surplus Sales of Nebraska Help

Reviews Summary for Surplus Sales of Nebraska
Surplus Sales of Nebraska Reviews: 37 Average rating: 3.5/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Sells hard to find and obselete parts. Many Collins parts.

You can write your own review of the Surplus Sales of Nebraska.

W3ST Rating: 5/5 Dec 3, 2017 14:01 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Service  Time owned: more than 12 months
Courteous, professional, and friendly - what more can I say. Been dealing with them for years now and am not disappointed.
N4JOY Rating: 2/5 Feb 2, 2017 09:10 Send this review to a friend
Bad experience after many years of business...  Time owned: months
All I have to say is "wow". I've been purchasing from Surplus Sales of Nebraska for many years. I called to *politely* inquire about several manuals I needed and whether they could be shipped via media mail to reduce shipping costs. I was told from Don (Dan?) and I quote exactly "if you think you can find it cheaper, go buy it from Wal-Mart." Not sure what I said or did to receive that response, but that ended our relationship!
WB9AZA Rating: 5/5 Sep 6, 2015 07:45 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I needed a quantity of hard to fine carbon composition resistors.
Received them in 48 hours.
Excellent service and fair prices.
KG5BV Rating: 5/5 May 24, 2015 18:50 Send this review to a friend
I like them.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I ordered some ceramic dog bone antenna insulators from them. I had read all of the negative reviews and was somewhat reluctant to order, so this was a "test" order. Everything came in quickly and the items were packed perfectly. And WOW! What a big beautiful set of insulators. And to top it off, I received an email asking me if I was satisfied! These folk are okay in my book.
K2LRC Rating: 0/5 May 30, 2014 11:12 Send this review to a friend
Do not care for Customers  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I service Collins 30L-1's and buy sets of 811A's all the time. Well after buying these Tubes for many years from Bob at Surplus Sales I have to say that these folks have now become very negative to work with. After buying a large number of Cetron 811A's from them I had two of them in different sets burn up right after plugging them in. After calling there they replaced one tube for free and then I had another set go bad and they refused to do any more after this second set.

This week Surplus Sales sent out a $100 discount buy email and I sent them a message that I would like to know what the discount would be on a set of 811A's at $150.

First they tell me that since I had all of these troubles with the 811A's they would no longer sell me any more tubes.

Be aware of these guys even if they are the only source left to buy parts that you may need.
KK8ZZ Rating: 5/5 May 15, 2013 17:44 Send this review to a friend
Always fair and efficient  Time owned: more than 12 months
Bought Collins parts numerous times and they were always fair and considerate. They are often the ONLY source of certain surplus or obsolete parts and hardware. Keep up the good work !
W7KKK Rating: 5/5 May 15, 2013 15:16 Send this review to a friend
Fast Service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I needed a doorknob cap to replace one blown in an amp I picked up.
The price was right and this outfit allows you to pick your own shipper and price.
They shipped fast by USPS and I had the part in 48 hours.
N4UE Rating: 5/5 May 15, 2013 12:29 Send this review to a friend
Could not get any better!  Time owned: more than 12 months
It's been a while since I purchased anything from SSN. I recently ordered a pair of Jackson Bros. 6:1 ball drives. The price was great, the delivery was super fast and the drives are brand new.
Plus, being able to pay via PayPal, made it that much better!

PA2DW Rating: 5/5 Mar 2, 2013 15:47 Send this review to a friend
Excellent products and support  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I read the negative comments regarding this company and they do not reflect my experiences at all. I have bought Collins and General Radio parts and equipment from them and everyhting arrived as advertised.
The stuff they sell is hard to get here in Europe, so please keep this company alive!

Best 73, Dick PA2DW
KD0REQ Rating: 5/5 Mar 2, 2013 12:22 Send this review to a friend
no problems here  Time owned: months
I have had several orders over the past few years from Surplus Sales. first one, some old Heath/Collins connectors, no problems and got 'em in two days. this week, ordered a tape head from their Gates/Harris closeouts. got a call within a few minutes advising me the picture shown on the website was not the actual head I ordered, and was I sure of the application? told her I ordered by the Nortronics part number and knew what I was getting. she reviewed shipping with me, and I had it in two days. similar experience over 20 years ago by mail. they're OK for me.