Reviews Categories | Ham Shack Clocks | MFJ-105C 24 Hr Clock Help

Reviews Summary for MFJ-105C 24 Hr Clock
MFJ-105C 24 Hr Clock Reviews: 9 Average rating: 3.7/5 MSRP: $$19.95
Description: Black 24 Hour Quartz Wall Clock
More info: http://www.mfjenterprises.com/products.php?prodid=MFJ-105C

You can write your own review of the MFJ-105C 24 Hr Clock.

KE5LDO Rating: 1/5 Jul 28, 2009 14:48 Send this review to a friend
Poor Quality  Time owned: more than 12 months
Clock was so loud I had trouble hearing the radio. In a quiet room it sounds like I am in a remake of the Vincent Price movie" The Pit and the Pendulum"!!! I took it out and used it for target practice..

K3UOD Rating: 4/5 Jul 27, 2009 19:24 Send this review to a friend
Mystery Improvement  Time owned: more than 12 months
For some unknown reason, about a year ago this clock suddenly started keeping near-perfect time. When I wrote my first review I had to set the clock about once a week. Now, I only set it every 3-4 months. The only thing I can figure is that there was something dragging on the mechanism and whatever it was has worn away.

I'm certianly not complaining, just puzzled.

I have always liked the readability and looks of this clock. Now that it keeps good time too, I love it.

KB2VYZ Rating: 5/5 May 24, 2009 11:02 Send this review to a friend
Nice Clock for the money!  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is a nice looking (but then again, when doesn't black and gold look good?) 24 hour clock, and it is very accurate (matches my atomic digital clock to the second!).

73 de Frank/KB2VYZ

G6LFT Rating: 5/5 Mar 25, 2007 14:23 Send this review to a friend
Looks good and keeps time  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had this clock for over 5 years and in that time it has had three batteries. It keeps amazingly good time, to within a minute in six months, and once you get used to it, it is very easy to read. My original idea was to have a clock on permanent UTC and I thought that the 24 hour design would avoid other people making a mistake when time switched to daylight saving, only one hour different from UTC in the UK. However, all my family now read it!

The clock has sat on the wall with the ladderline feed passing a few inches from it and has never shown any ill effects. The black face looks great. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who wants a distinctive clock. What I would really like for the shack wall is a 24 hour ships radio room clock with the silent and alarm markers. I have wondered about 'refacing' the 105C but it seems a shame as I have got used to the white on black dial.

All in all this is a surprisingly good product.

KR6ER Rating: 1/5 Mar 21, 2007 16:15 Send this review to a friend
Save your money!!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Got the clock along with other items. Does not keep time at all. I would sell it at our local HAMFEST, but I wouldn't be able to live with myself. Keep your money and take the YL to lunch!

W5ONV Rating: 5/5 Oct 20, 2006 03:29 Send this review to a friend
Perfect time  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had mine for 6 years and it keeps almost perfect time,I reset is twice a year,once at daylight savings time and once when we go back to regular time.Then I only have to set it up 15 or 20 seconds.No bad timing for 6 months.
I wonder if it has the small/tiny pot inside that can be turned up or down to adjust the time like most watches and digital clocks have ? Maybe that would help the people here that say theirs does not keep good time.73, Jim

W4MY Rating: 4/5 Oct 19, 2006 22:05 Send this review to a friend
OK  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had my clock about 5 years. I reset it about once a month and its usually off about 10 seconds, not bad. It ticks rather loudly for a quartz clock.

K4AH Rating: 5/5 Apr 3, 2005 03:27 Send this review to a friend
Great clock!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had this clock for over four years and it still works great. No problems with it. Keeps good time.

K3UOD Rating: 3/5 Oct 22, 2004 11:01 Send this review to a friend
Looses accuracy  Time owned: more than 12 months
I use this clock to display UTC. It kept great time for the first year, then it started to loose time. It keeps getting worse and now looses about 10 minutes per week. A new battery made no improvement.

Otherwise, I love the looks and the readability.