Reviews Categories | Interfaces, Radio to computer, amp, rotor, coax switch, internet | ttl2usb.com -- TTL to USB cables Help

Reviews Summary for ttl2usb.com -- TTL to USB cables
ttl2usb.com -- TTL to USB cables Reviews: 45 Average rating: 4.7/5 MSRP: $40
Description: Trying to connect your radio to your new computer that lacks a DB9 serial port? Having problems with those off the shelf serial to USB converters? Need a TTL to USB cable? ttl2usb.com has designed and built what you have been searching for. Not only that we have done it for about the same price as you gathering all the parts, but without the aggravation.
More info: http://ttl2usb.com/

You can write your own review of the ttl2usb.com -- TTL to USB cables.

K2IZ Rating: 5/5 Jan 31, 2017 14:37 Send this review to a friend
Owned since 2009 and still works with WINDOWS 10  Time owned: more than 12 months
I had to look at the shipping envelope to see when I made my first order, 2009, I have a couple of YAESU radios, VX5, VX6 and FT-7800, since I first ordered the kit and cables a lot of things have changed, mainly I am running WINDOWS 10, I just finished reprograming the VX-6R, a lot easier than programing through the touch tone pad.

KB9AZZ Rating: 3/5 Feb 15, 2011 12:45 Send this review to a friend
Product works - Customer service was very SLOW!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just received my TTL2USB VX7R Kit on the 9th of Feb 2011, I placed my order on the 21st of Jan 2011. The product works very well under Windows 7, additionally it also works with my VX1R. However I am very unhappy with the length of time it took to recieve my order 19 Days! Which is why I must give a rating of 3. I placed another order from Hong Kong the same day which was shipped parcel post and I recieved that order before the order from TTL2USB.COM. I had to resort to calling Mr. McGarty on his cell phone to get resolution after no response from email.

WV4I Rating: 5/5 Nov 18, 2010 04:39 Send this review to a friend
works great  Time owned: more than 12 months
Using CT-2 USB adapter with Windows 7 Netbook and VX-3R. Great instructions and documentation.

Installing USB adapter for first time, it did a net search for drivers (2) and found them, auto installed okay. My case, went to COM 5. No changes to COMM port settings required, i.e. 9600/8/N/1/None left as default.

Then downloaded FTBVX3 software, first as demo, worked perfect in demo mode, so bought fully functional program for $15.00.

I travel a lot and can now build radio/.VX3 files by location.

Great, simple to use product, with excellent documentation.

KB2CPW Rating: 5/5 Mar 29, 2010 08:45 Send this review to a friend
Nice interface!  Time owned: more than 12 months

I have my interface about 3 years. Works great on all of my rigs they make cables for. One thing I added and I highly recommend is eliminating the internal jumper. I added a small toggle switch to the outside of the interface so I can switch from one mode to another. I can now use the interface for my 857's and 817's and flip the switch for the portables. Otherwise you have to open the interface to make the change using the little push pin style jack inside.

The fit, finish and quality of the unit is excellent, you may be able to make cables for other unsupported rigs as well. It seems that the company has scaled back on the cables based on its new site, offering only the most popular ones but this interface should work on just about anything requiring TTL conversion.

NE4U Rating: 5/5 Mar 24, 2009 05:41 Send this review to a friend
superb!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Like many folks these days, I use a laptop computer as my primary computer at home. Like many laptop computers, they do not have a true TTL serial port. TTL2USB offers the ability to have a true TTL connection for programming of radios. I've used this to program both the Yaesu FT-7800R and the VX-7R with ease. Plug and play, basically. And, since I have a laptop, it's nice to have the ability to program in the car rather than taking the FT-7800R out of its trunk-mounted position. Thanks for a great product at the right price!

KI6WDZ Rating: 5/5 Mar 13, 2009 19:12 Send this review to a friend
Great product and super customer service  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
This was a great purchase for use in programming my Yaesu VX-7R and FT-8800R. The few questions I had were answered immediately by the staff and the product has worked flawlessly. Well worth the small investment!

WB6ODR Rating: 5/5 Jan 9, 2009 06:24 Send this review to a friend
I like mine  Time owned: more than 12 months
When I found the plug body was a bit large for the socket in one of my FT-8800's I shaved the plastic body with a razor and now it works great!! I have used it on 3 8800's, VX-150 and the VX-5 with out any trouble. It's been in service for more than 5 years now.

K3DX Rating: 4/5 Oct 11, 2008 19:11 Send this review to a friend
Works Well  Time owned: more than 12 months
I use the 2006 version of the interface, the CT-1 model, with both a FT-857 and a FT-60R. It does indeed work well. But it didn't at first. It took a few hours of troubleshooting, but I discovered that the supplied radio-to-interface cable for the FT-857 was wired incorrectly. I rewired the mini DIN, and all was well, after I shaved some plastic off the mini DIN. I corresponded with Rob about this. It was his idea to refund my purchase price of the cable. Very nice! Yes, in the CT-1, the shield of the radio cable is NOT ground. (I don't know about the CT-2.) Recently, Rob informed me that the new FT-60R cable for the CT-2 will NOT work with the CT-1, but he could make one that would. I decided to make my own. Also, the CT-1 had a Yaesu/ICOM switch built in, but it was undocumented. That switch makes the CT-1 work with the FT-857 as well as the FT-60R. With the exception of these quirks, the CT-1 performance has been flawless for over two years.

W2EEC Rating: 5/5 Sep 22, 2008 21:29 Send this review to a friend
Awesome  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Works like a charm :-)
I have used it with my Yaesu VX-7R and just started to use it with my Yaesu FT-7800R and soon I'll use it with my Yaesu FT-897D.
The only thing I needed was to get adapters to fit each radio. I can use the USB cable and ttl2usb unit with almost any of the newer radios out today. For my VX-7R I got another cable first and had so many troubles and that started to get me somewhat discouraged because it was not fun at all to try to get my computer to write to the VX-7R. Most of the time it would read the unit but almost never write and after a while it just stopped working. It turned out it was the cable and from reading I found that allot of other people had the same problem and that is when I started to look for something that was more dependable. That is when I ran across the ttl2usb setup and purchased one because of all the good reviews. Trust me, it is everything everyone has stated and then some because it works!
One think I did do is mod mine with a micro slide switch. Everyone talked about how it would be more easy to add one of them rather than opening it up and add or remove the jumper and put it all back together again. It was easy to do. Now I never have to open it again.
I use a Mac computer running Parallels Desktop For Mac with windows running and the ttl2usb cable works awesome.
*NOTE - Read the directions and setup the com port and you should have no problems. If you do, have a look at the chat groups on Yahoo. They have a wealth of info for almost anything that you may need.
Quality product that I would recommend and use till the day I die.

M1FEV Rating: 5/5 Sep 22, 2008 09:27 Send this review to a friend
First Class piece of kit  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
As an owner of a VX2, FT817 & FT897, I wanted to find an easy way to manage all my frequencies and settings ideally using a common interface. After deciding on the FTbasic software for the 2 x FT's and the VX Commander for the handie, all the recommendations seemed to point toward ttlusb as the favoured product.

Granted, if you want to use it between FT-rigs and handies, then swapping the jumper is a little laborious but nothing a toggle switch cannot resolve. Perhaps if enough people make this observation of inter-operability between Yaesu sets then Rob might design an upgrade ?

Despite having to pay a little extra to get it shipped across the pond, I only had a brief wait until delivery in the UK. This so compact, versatile and easy to use I would recommend it to anyone.

M1FEV