Reviews Categories | Interfaces, Radio to computer, amp, rotor, coax switch, internet | ttl2usb.com -- TTL to USB cables Help

Reviews Summary for ttl2usb.com -- TTL to USB cables
ttl2usb.com -- TTL to USB cables Reviews: 45 Average rating: 4.7/5 MSRP: $40
Description: Trying to connect your radio to your new computer that lacks a DB9 serial port? Having problems with those off the shelf serial to USB converters? Need a TTL to USB cable? ttl2usb.com has designed and built what you have been searching for. Not only that we have done it for about the same price as you gathering all the parts, but without the aggravation.
More info: http://ttl2usb.com/

You can write your own review of the ttl2usb.com -- TTL to USB cables.

KB1OHB Rating: 5/5 Jan 13, 2007 15:13 Send this review to a friend
just great!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Have the yaesu VX-7. I have both the ADMS 1G software sold by RT systems and the Commander freeware. Before buying the TTL to USB adapter I oculd not get the radio to communicate with the laptop AT ALL no matter what cables or adapters or program I tried. This little wonder worked the first time, and every time since. It only took seconds to install. Well worth it. It was an investment in my sanity!

W0IPL Rating: 4/5 Jan 6, 2007 13:26 Send this review to a friend
A little expensive  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Ordered mine over Christmas. Turn-around on the order was excellent. Instructions are good. Quality looks good.

The price shown ($40-US) is not what you pay to be able to use it. You must also either build or buy the cable from the adaptor box to the radio. That makes the total cost $50 plus S&H-(naturally), not the $40+ shown.

Other than the price, I find it easy to install/use and performs as you would hope. Anyone that has more than one radio with 100 or more memories -really- needs one of these.

It installed without problem on my Dell computer. When I tried to put it on my HP LapTop I had problems. Turned out to be the LapTop and NOT the ttl2usb! I'm pleased with the ttl2usb.

Good product that makes the OEM software totally usable.

KI6ESL Rating: 5/5 Dec 3, 2006 05:58 Send this review to a friend
Great  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have two Yaesu HT's a Vx-2r and a VX-6r and it only took ten min's to check that worked as advertised with both of them. It makes entering data for these radios a pleasure instead of a chore.

KE7AVR Rating: 5/5 Jun 14, 2006 18:22 Send this review to a friend
excelent  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
5 min from box to programming radio well worth the time you cant go wrong with this little wonder

W6NYC Rating: 5/5 Jan 15, 2006 08:59 Send this review to a friend
Still amazed  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Well, had Rob's product for several months now and I am still very impressed. I travel every month and cover 43 States every year visiting some 300 offices in my travels. Since each trip is to several (and often different) cities, I have had to spend hours reprogramming my VX7R for each trip. Because of the ttl2usb device I can now program the trip very quickly and save the configuration for next year's trip. Changing the program is done in about 5 minutes and without any frustration or errors.

Forgive me but I just had to thank Rob once again for a tremendous product. If you travel you MUST have this, and if you don't, you probably should have it anyway.

This is without a doubt the best accessory I have in the shack.

Bless and 73
Dennis Stahr

N1JGA Rating: 5/5 Dec 3, 2005 20:10 Send this review to a friend
Finally ! Works Great  Time owned: months
I was skeptical given my experience with several VX-7 cables. I have had difficuly getting the regular serial interfaces to work nevermind a usb one.

I was so thrilled when I downloaded the driver - plugged it in and quickly and easily programmed my VX-7 and VX-6.

I have seen some suggest that you can make this cable but this works so well and is so well built it is worth the few bucks.

Great design - great product - Thank you!

WD4CFC Rating: 5/5 Dec 2, 2005 20:55 Send this review to a friend
Great Product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I highly recommend this product. I am the proud owner of a VX-6R. I have another program and cable using the serial port. I have to fiddle with it to make it work. I often get frustrated and give up.

I really did not want to shell out the $$ for another cable. It seems that some people want you to believe that serial port programming is the only way to go. WRONG !!!

I ordered my cable on line at night. Had it in hand in about 3 days. (Good since I'm on the east coast) Went to the web site downloaded drivers and followed the simple directions. I had the ttl2usb unit up and programming in about 10 minutes. It worked the FIRST time and has worked each time since. This is the way programming the VX-6R is supposed to work.

I have no idea how the customer service is. I never needed any. I did the order online and installed it with the simple provided directions. If I can do it than any one can do it. I'm finally having fun with my rig. This is a superior product that I highly reccomend !!!

BTW it took me longer to write this review (my first for any product) than it did to get the interface box up and programming.

Thanks guys for the excellent product.
Just my 2

73's
Mitch
WD4CFC

KG6YKL Rating: 5/5 Nov 17, 2005 20:28 Send this review to a friend
Works perfectly!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I needed my ttl2usb in a hurry. Rob took great care of me and got the cables to me in a few days. They worked perfectly and driver installation was a snap. Great product, great service!

W6VDC

WE5OPA Rating: 5/5 Nov 4, 2005 14:22 Send this review to a friend
EXCELLENT  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Fast delivery,,,,Fast setup,,,,fast programming!!! This is a great little package. Had my VX-2R for several months. Left it on the shelf until I found out about the VX2 Commander and the ttl2usb interface. Now I love to play with the radio. Thanks Rob!!

KB7RGT Rating: 5/5 Sep 16, 2005 10:15 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recommend this unit. I have used it on two different computers running XP and '98, to program two different radios, a FT-8800 and a VX-7R. It worked just as it should. The only hitch that occurred was on the 8800. The female din plug on the back of the radio is recessed and the rubber boot on the male/wire plug was preventing good contact. I just pulled the rubber boot back a bit and it worked fine.