Reviews Categories | Filters, RF: bandpass, duplexer, lowpass, highpass, RFI/EMI, e | ICE 467 MODULAR TELEPHONE RFI FILTER, 4-WIRE, 50 DB Help

Reviews Summary for ICE 467 MODULAR TELEPHONE RFI FILTER, 4-WIRE, 50 DB
Reviews: 2 Average rating: 2.5/5 MSRP: $35.00 + shpg
Description: A very good RFI filter to get broadcast audio interference out of phone line for a home phone or repeater auto-patch. I installed one several months ago on our repeater located inside AM broadcast station and we've not heard any RF interference since. Simply connects between phone line and phone or repeater phone line terminals. I highly recommend this filter.
More info: http://www.arraysolutions.com

You can write your own review of the ICE 467 MODULAR TELEPHONE RFI FILTER, 4-WIRE, 50 DB.

VE3JOC Rating: 0/5 Nov 5, 2010 17:33 Send this review to a friend
Filter doesn't work and totally Zero support from this company.  Time owned: more than 12 months
When I received my ICE 467 filter it included a single page of installation instructions which they referred to as a “manual”.
They were really quite simple. Plug the short cable from the filter into the phone base and then plug the cable from the wall jack into the other end of the filter. When I installed the filter I could no longer get a dial tone on the phone. I re-checked to be certain that it was installed correctly according to the “manual”. It was!

The invoice for the product included a phone number and stated that if there were any problems, contact support at this number and they will offer full support up to and including a new filter or even an upgrade to another model if desired. I phoned the number which was included on the invoice, this was at 3:00 p.m. on a week day, and after a dozen or more rings, nobody answered the phone. I then went to their web site and filled out their online email support form. I waited 3 days but got no response from them at all. I decided to try phoning them once more but, again after numerous rings, nobody would answer the phone. I went back to the web site and filled out their support contact form once again. It has been 3 more days from the time I submitted the second email support request to the writing of this review and I have still heard absolutely nothing from these people.

Actually, I purchased this filter after reading the one and only review here on eHam. Perhaps I should have waited for a few more reviews on it before making the purchase.
It is quite possible that I just received a bad unit which I suppose can happen with almost any product, however, there is absolutely no excuse for the extremely bad support for this product. Its almost like they’re saying “we’ve got your money now so we don’t have to bother with you any more!”

I even thought about sending the unit back to them but, given the inability to get any response or contact from them, I would likely end up with no money and no filter.
I would really think twice before making a purchase from this company, unless of course you are not concerned with support or, you have money to throw away!

AL7HG Rating: 5/5 Feb 13, 2008 14:13 Send this review to a friend
Works great to keep RFI out of phone lines  Time owned: more than 12 months
I first bought this product when I lived in Fort Lauderdale and the houses were about 12 feet apart. Before installing this filter, and running the legal limit, I had extreme RF problems, after they were eliminated.

I liked this product so well that I bought several to give to my neighbors--the minute they were installed, the complaints ended.