Reviews Categories | Ham Shack Clocks | Radio Room Clock Replica Help

Reviews Summary for Radio Room Clock Replica
Radio Room Clock Replica Reviews: 8 Average rating: 3.4/5 MSRP: $14.99
Description: A vintage custom replica of a ship's radio room wall
clock, with radio silence periods, 4sec. alarm tone
indicators & 12/24hr markings. This faithful replica is
sure to dress up any radio shack. Available with White
or Cream color clockface.

More info: http://www.cafepress.com/wholelottatime

You can write your own review of the Radio Room Clock Replica.

K6SDW Rating: 4/5 Dec 13, 2009 06:27 Send this review to a friend
Nicely done  Time owned: more than 12 months
Had mine for 3-4 years now and looks Kool in shack! Clock keeps ok accurate time, but can't compete with the "Atomic" clocks out there.....but still very Kool to look at!

Cheers All......

N0MUD Rating: 5/5 Oct 20, 2008 21:28 Send this review to a friend
keeps on tickin  Time owned: more than 12 months
Four years plus, reminds me of the ones I used in the US Navy as a Navy Radioman. Always giving the correct time when we had to make a log entry while monitoring 500kcs while underway onboard US Navy ships. Yes many memories and if you wasn't a Navy Radioman you wasn't ......well you know....20 years serving our country, having fun underway..As we used to say "Haze gray and underway".and..A ships place is at sea so what the heck are we doing in port....

Buy one for your radio shack and it will be a conversation piece when your friends visit your SHACK....so

73....Mike, N0mud

W8ZNX Rating: 5/5 Oct 20, 2008 19:33 Send this review to a friend
still running  Time owned: more than 12 months
two years later my clocks are still working fb

KA2JIZ Rating: 5/5 Apr 14, 2006 09:41 Send this review to a friend
Still nice...after 3 weeks!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Well, they are only 3 weeks old and may crap out later. But, right now I have 2 on the wall; one set for local time, the other in GMT. Minute-hand-wise, they are still both synchronised right on time. If they drop dead too soon, I will save my pennies and buy a good reproduction of a brass ships' radioroom clock.

W4TME Rating: 3/5 Apr 14, 2006 09:08 Send this review to a friend
One died. The other one is losing minutes a day  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had three of these clocks. There is only one properly operating one left. They look cool, but the QC is a little lacking in some respects. The first one I owned died after 1 1/2 years of operation. The little plastic gears stripped out and the hands don't move any more so in the waste basket it went. The second one, about a year old has starting losing several minutes a day even with a new battery installed. It has recently been replaced by a WWVB synched clock. The third one, which was sent to me by mistake (a freebe) has just been put into service and is working OK like the two before them did initially.

For $16, you can't expect much in the area of longevity and from what I can tell; you are not going to get it anyway

-Tim

W1GFH Rating: 0/5 Oct 27, 2004 21:06 Send this review to a friend
Disappointing  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I too was going to order one until I took a closer look at these clocks. Mis-spelled words, poor artwork, etc. not my cup of tea. In my opinion, you're better off looking into other clocks of this type available at the same price.

WR1TER Rating: 0/5 Oct 26, 2004 18:08 Send this review to a friend
Below Par  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was set to order one of these clocks, because I really like 24 hr. clocks - until I took a real good look at the artwork. In my opinion, the colors are not as true or bright as other Radio Room type clocks available at the same price. Also the design seems confusing, and I don't like the word "Replica" on it. Also, there are misspelled words on the clock face. I cancelled my order.

W3DCG Rating: 5/5 Oct 25, 2004 23:16 Send this review to a friend
I thought this was W1GFH's  Time owned: more than 12 months
Update-
my Cafe Press Ship's Cabin retro clock, or whatever you care to call it, still keeping good time. We moved in early April, I put it up behind me here in the basement and never use it to see the time. I'm facing the wrong way, and I have two clocks on the computer plus my wrist watch.

However, I just turned around, and wow, it's still set within a minute of the time I set it to in April.

It's time for me to move it to a wall behind the radio table! Original batteries! Same ones from whenever I wrote my original review.

Good Deal.