Reviews Categories | Ham Shack Clocks | MFJ-108B DUAL LCD CLOCK 12/24 LOCAL/UTC Help

Reviews Summary for MFJ-108B DUAL LCD CLOCK 12/24 LOCAL/UTC
MFJ-108B DUAL LCD CLOCK 12/24 LOCAL/UTC Reviews: 26 Average rating: 2.3/5 MSRP: $19.95
Description: A CLOCK FOR THE HAM SHACK

You can write your own review of the MFJ-108B DUAL LCD CLOCK 12/24 LOCAL/UTC.

KC9MLA Rating: 1/5 Dec 12, 2009 17:24 Send this review to a friend
Two Pieces Of Junk  Time owned: more than 12 months
What you have here is 2 of the most inaccurate pieces of junk mounted in a nice aluminum holder. I have reset these clocks 2 or 3 times a month since I purchased them. Came with dead batteries from the start. One clock runs too fast and the other has no clue as to what the other is showing. Save your money fellow hams. MFJ has gone down the tubes, Big Time. I would rate the clocks a zero and the holder a five.

N4EKZ Rating: 4/5 Oct 6, 2008 05:32 Send this review to a friend
okay for the price, I think  Time owned: more than 12 months
Takes very little space on the desk in your hamshack and makes for an attractive time display.

I've had this pair of clocks for about 6 years or so (as noted by many others, this is two clocks in one frame). They keep only fairly accurate time and do have to be reset and re-synchronized two or three times a year if you want them synced with WWV and with each other. If you have a "type-A" personality as I do, it gets a bit irksome when you note that the two clocks are out by even a minute with each other. I replace the batteries about once every two years- about par for this sort of a digital clock I suppose.

If you have a problem with the display going out or fading in and out, try lifting the center prong up a bit with a knife edge or small screwdriver. That has worked for me on two occasions over the years.

N2CLB Rating: 4/5 Feb 5, 2007 18:09 Send this review to a friend
ok but could use some work  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
i have owned my mfj-108b for a few months now as others are saying it is not the best clock out there but for the price it works fine and gets the job done i use it for loging all the time

KA5ROW Rating: 2/5 Nov 24, 2006 05:00 Send this review to a friend
MFJ clock a good concept  Time owned: more than 12 months
The MFJ clock a good concept it is very handy. You can set it on top of your rig or a shelf. I guess the $19.95 you pay $19.00 goes into the aluminum sleeve and the $0.95 goes in the clock.

The clock should be a all one unit so the displays would be synchronized. I must reset the clocks once every 6 to 8 weeks I don't care about to the second timing but when I look up and one says 19:05 and the other 5:04 and it is 19:06 that bothers me. " You can buy a cheep $10 watch and it would be accurate to with in 20 to 30 seconds a year ".

K5ADF Rating: 1/5 Nov 19, 2006 17:08 Send this review to a friend
Leaves a lot to be desired  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought this "clock" several years ago. It is actually two cheap digital clocks mounted in an aluminum frame. The clocks are small and do not keep accurate time. They loose seconds/minutes and have to be reset from time to time. They are not coordinated in any way. I have tried to set them the same several times and failed. My advice is to pass over this turkey.

KC2WI Rating: 0/5 Nov 10, 2006 15:06 Send this review to a friend
Looks good, works lousy  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have 3 of these. I received one as a Christmas gift in 2004. I wanted another dual clock for my second 'shack' location, so I put it on my list and I ended up with 2 more as gifts in 2005.

The first one works OK, but not great. The two clocks don't stay in sync, even when you carefully set them. Within a month or so they are off by several seconds, and just keep getting worse.

In the second unit, one of the batteries laste only a few months.

The two clocks in the third unit keep even worse time than unit #1. The UTC clock is now 2 minutes behind the Local clock.

In contrast to the poor performance of the MFJ clocks, I have a similar LCD clock in one of my vehicles. It cost about $5, has been running for years on the same battery, and keeps pretty good time considering it is subjected to temperatures from about -30F to +100F over the year, and sometimes up to 50F variation within 24 hours between day and night.

I would give the first MFJ unit maybe a 1 or 2, but with 3 that don't work well, I have to give a zero.

Don't waste you money on this clock.

W8WLC Rating: 5/5 Dec 21, 2005 15:58 Send this review to a friend
still ticking  Time owned: more than 12 months
Was at a hamfest many years ago, my son was with me and I purchased this item for him. Last weekend he came home from the university for the holidays and he had the clock packed and used it everyday. Other than a few batteries this thing was and is great. Hell I have gone through more expensive so called bullet proof clocks that were not as good as this. For the price I don't expect them to be sync'd or even connected to WWV.

K6SDW Rating: 2/5 Dec 21, 2005 15:49 Send this review to a friend
disappointing.....  Time owned: more than 12 months
Not to rain on MFJ, but this product which I've owned several years is disappointing. To my surprise the clocks are not connected in any way but separate time pieces so they don't track each other. Add to that the cheeze very very small buttons make it very difficult to adjust when needed.

On the positive side when you do manage to get them sort of synced then they keep fairly accurate time.

Cheers all!

W0AV Rating: 5/5 Dec 21, 2005 15:46 Send this review to a friend
Works for me!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had mine for about ten years and it is still
going strong. Have replaced the batteries a couple of time, of course.
Although I have been disappointed with several
MFJ items, this one has been a winner.
YMMV

VO1MX Rating: 4/5 Dec 21, 2005 14:41 Send this review to a friend
wrks fer me  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had mine for about 9 years and have only replaced the batteries three times. In contrast to other reports they serve the purpose I bought them for and have been accurate in keeping time.

Dan