Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Directional (Yagi, quad, etc.) | Cushcraft ASL-670 Help

Reviews Summary for Cushcraft ASL-670
Cushcraft ASL-670 Reviews: 2 Average rating: 2.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Log Periodic 50-450 MHz
More info: http://www.cushcraft.com/amateur/support/pdf/ASL670LP.pdf

You can write your own review of the Cushcraft ASL-670.

KG4YJS Rating: 4/5 Aug 8, 2007 07:31 Send this review to a friend
Good Peformer  Time owned: more than 12 months
At the time of this writing I have had this antenna for about 3 and a half years.

Wow ... I thought I was the only one who was having the little rods breaking off problem as described in the last post.

I did have approximately 5-6 rods break off in the first six weeks that I had this antenna. I mainly attribute that to over tightening of the rods to the boom. I finally figured that out and hand tightened all the rods and haven't had a problem since. The broken rods were fixed by a trip to the hardware store and buying some aluminum rods, cutting down to match the original size and then threading the rods themselves.

As far as performance goes, this antenna really shines on 6m, 2m, 440 MHz. I have mine up about 35' with a tv rotor and signal reports have been very good with a little DX being worked on 6m and 2m during good times.

Since it it a log it also is great for anyone who is into scanning as it has full broadband receive coverage.

As far as Cushcraft's service goes, a couple of years ago I had to take the antenna down before the onslaught of a hurricane and I accidentally broken one of the coax connector that goes to the driven element and I called Cuchcraft and they sent a replacement part out for a reasonable price that I received about four days later ... not too bad.

Even with some of the problems I had, I would still recommend this antenna to anyone.

WA0TDA Rating: 0/5 Jun 22, 2007 16:18 Send this review to a friend
Stay away from this!  Time owned: more than 12 months
A terrible antenna, not because of performance, but because most of the elements simply fell off in the first 18 months or so. The brittle rods used as elements break off at the boom, where the threading ends. Every customer should have been offered a replacement with some other model or a pro-rated refund based on a usable life of at least 5 years. Total garbage - no wonder it's discontinued after such a short run.