Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | HUSTLER G6-270R Help

Reviews Summary for HUSTLER G6-270R
Reviews: 2 Average rating: 4.5/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: The G6-270R is a dual band collinear design using phased 5/8 wave elements on both 2 and 440. The gain is 6 db on both bands (refereencd to a dipole) the antenna is shunt-fed, D.C. Grounded for staic discharge and requires no external radials be added. Stand alone antenna.

You can write your own review of the HUSTLER G6-270R.

W2MB Rating: 5/5 Feb 29, 2008 20:54 Send this review to a friend
Solid Construction  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
The construction of this antenna appears more "solid" than similar Comet and Diamond models that I have owned and used over the years. The radome seems to be heavier and I like that it uses an N connector to attach the feedline. It works very well on both bands. I have it at 60' and feed it with 110' of Times LMR400F.

WA6CDE Rating: 4/5 Oct 29, 2004 23:12 Send this review to a friend
Good stand alone antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is the first one that I have owned and so far in the last year I find it works great. Stands up to storms that knock down trees. But, I inspect my antennas yearly.. and found this one has a minor problem. the base plate where the radial tubing goes on is made from mag/alu metal of some sort that is producing a white powder when you bush it off... while it was easly taken care of by bead blasting and then chemically cleaning and then using aircraft grade corrosion protection (alodine 1201) it seems to me that if Newtronics is doing any field testing of their products they should have picked this up at the test site... I spoke to the lady down their about it but, again I feel it was a ho hum day for suggestions... One note though be careful not to use sealants around the flange of the antenna connector as it will block the water drainage. Otherwise the antenna is back up and contenues to be one of the best I have used. G.M>