Reviews Categories | Microphones | Behringer B-2 Pro Studio Microphone Help

Reviews Summary for Behringer B-2 Pro Studio Microphone
Behringer B-2 Pro Studio Microphone Reviews: 3 Average rating: 4.3/5 MSRP: $199.95
Description: Professional 1" dual-diaphragm condenser microphone for unsurpassed audio quality
More info: http://www.behringer.com

You can write your own review of the Behringer B-2 Pro Studio Microphone.

DL7ISA Rating: 4/5 Dec 30, 2012 00:50 Send this review to a friend
Good  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
This B-2Pro on my W2IHY 8-Band Equalizer makes me sound smooth, my Transceiver is an Icom IC-765. The Sensitivity is average, I cant say its to sensitive. Although there is (supposedly) a cardioid pattern, the mic picks up the extra fan on the Transceiver.
The (almost) flat Frequency Response (at least) between 50Hz and 10KHz is good. What I miss is a more detailed Audioquality but for that, the B-2Pro did cost me only 99 (about $150), better Mics cost a multiple times more. It is better than Icom Mics, good but not great. I probably would buy it again.

W2NER Rating: 4/5 Jul 26, 2010 04:31 Send this review to a friend
Studio level audio re ports  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I ran this with a W2IHY setup and all reports were "You sound like your in a studio".. The only draw back (and this may only be my conditions) is, when using my 811H I get allot of RF in the microphone. I tried a few others I had around with no problems. This also could be due to all FET setup they have in ths mic. I'm inthe process of testing Audio-Technica AT2020 and a AUDIO-TECHNICA ATR-30.

G7VKX Rating: 5/5 Sep 5, 2006 08:06 Send this review to a friend
Great value - Great sound!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
For the price, this thing can't be beaten! It comes complete with shock-mount, pop filter and protective flight case for as low as $169 (Just check out the price of the Heil PR-40 mount!!!) Frequency response is an impressive 20Hz to 20kHz with a virtually linear response save for a small 'presence' peak at about 12kHz meaning little or no high frequency EQing (which generally deteriorates the signal & raises the noise floor at this level)This was verified on my 8 band EQ (W2IHY) which is another excellent product. OK, so it's not a Neumann or a Rode but you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference except for the price!!! It's also a handsome looking mic, well constructed, with a reasuringly heavy feel to it (& made to ISO9000 standards too) Make sure you turn down the gain on your pre-amp (I use the excellent Behringer Ultragain Pro MIC2200) and also the gain on your rig too as these condensers are sensitive. Fortunatley, the B-2 has a cardiod pattern and a switchable level attenuator making it a very flexible microphone for any situation.