Reviews Categories | DC Power Supply Distribution Panels | MFJ 1116 Help

Reviews Summary for MFJ 1116
Reviews: 5 Average rating: 1.8/5 MSRP: $$50.00
Description: An 8 slot 15 amp DC power outlet strip
More info: http://www.mfjenterprises.com/products.php?prodid=MFJ-1116

You can write your own review of the MFJ 1116.

KD8WEY Rating: 1/5 Mar 13, 2016 08:57 Send this review to a friend
Bad Switch   Time owned: more than 12 months
Got this at hamvention 2014 and the power switch has broken. I called MFJ and they wouldn't replace the power strip or the switch without charging me. I know it's out of warranty but this should last more than a year and a half. Once again I've had to buy a product twice because of MFJ's poor quality. I've learned my lesson, I wont buy MFJ unless I absolutely can't help it.

VE2DWE Rating: 2/5 Jan 16, 2014 01:49 Send this review to a friend
terminal too small  Time owned: more than 12 months
The contact surface area on the jacks are too small to contact larger terminal ends. Same comments as all the others but my unit does not suffer of bad solder. I dismantle 3 terminal jacks and i pass the wire through the holes and solder them directly on the wire buss bar. Work like a charm since. I will have to do the same if i wanted to add other DC wire. I changed the fuse too for a 25 amps and no heating has been noticed.

KB0VOY Rating: 1/5 Apr 17, 2012 09:28 Send this review to a friend
Keep fixing it  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is my second one. Call me an optimist.
It works if you keep fixing it. If power drops off the MFJ-1116 is the first place to trouble shoot.The power strip looks better than the home made one I made. The contact surface area on the jacks are too small to contact my larger terminal ends. The meter only lasted one day. Solder let go inside at 4 months. Contact to meter melted after lightning strike at 4 years. Meter never worked so I bypassed the meter. There is not much quality control in the manufacturing of this product. I should have sent it back for the one year warranty but things seam to get lost at MFJ and never repaired. MFJ should have a RMA return department for repairs with a manned phone number. When it dies I will look for an other brand. I would not buy an other one.
Looks good.
Price not too bad.
Quality control poor.
Warranty worthless.
I would like to give it a least a 2 but can't.

N3JNX Rating: 1/5 May 23, 2009 07:54 Send this review to a friend
Not Good  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought this MFJ 1116 DC distribution panel to clean up my power supply connections during a power supply change-out.
1 The DC connectors on the power cable were too small. I had to cut them off and install larger terminals to fit my power supply.
2 The plastic nuts for the 8 pairs of bannana jacks will not screw off completely. I had to cut slots in my "ring" terminals to get them under the connectors.
3 After I cut my "ring" terminals, tightened down the plastic nuts, I had no power to my devices. The contact surface area on the jacks are too small to contact my larger terminal ends. I ended up cutting off my terminals, strip the wire and place the ends in the jacks holes. Not a clean way to make a connection.
4 The "meter" was way off compared to my power supply meter and my Fluke VOM.
I would not buy this device again had I known its shortcomings.

VE4DX1SMA Rating: 4/5 Nov 1, 2004 16:08 Send this review to a friend
A good power strip  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have been using the MFJ 1116 power strip for about a month now. I found it very easy to use as the banana jacks are quick and easy to wire up. I have been using a 12 volt marine battery to power my accessories such as an amplified BCB loop, Phasing unit, VLF converter and my ICOM ICR-70 receiver. All of them are being run from the battery to help cut down line noise I experience.

All in all I am quite pleased with the unit