Reviews Categories | Emergency/Portable Power: generators, solar, wind, thermal, etc | Battery Tender Help

Reviews Summary for Battery Tender
Battery Tender Reviews: 11 Average rating: 4.6/5 MSRP: $59.95
Description: Automatic Battery Charger/Maintainer
More info: http://www.batterytender.com/

You can write your own review of the Battery Tender.

W7VO Rating: 5/5 Sep 12, 2014 12:47 Send this review to a friend
Great product  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have no less than about 8 of these running 24/7, trickle charging everything from my emergency 12V battery in the shack to the batteries in my race car and trailer. It has never damaged a battery, and unlike others, I have not had an issue with RFI of any kind.

N4APG Rating: 5/5 Jun 30, 2014 03:05 Send this review to a friend
Essential Device  Time owned: more than 12 months
I took a job overseas but left a car at home. I researched how best to care for the car battery such that the car would be available when I returned home. I also wanted a simple device such that family members could also connect and reconnect the device with few or no errors when needed. I have used this device now for 2.5 years and am EXTREMELY satisfied. I am so glad I now bought the international version to use with primary 110VAC or 220VAC overseas (output still 12V). This device is simple, safe and reliable. I have further experienced no RFI with my device, at least on most HF, VHF or UHF bands. I would gladly buy another and do not hesitate to recommend this device.

K6EK Rating: 1/5 Jun 21, 2014 08:34 Send this review to a friend
Generates R.F. Interference  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I own three Battery Tender Plus High Efficiency devices. They work as advertised except for one fatal flaw - they generate S9 of pulse interference on several bands. No question about it - I chased it down with a portable receiver and heard the noise disappear when the devices were unplugged.
The effect was so strong because my hexbeam is just above the garage where they are located. I'll contact them and see what they have to say, but for now I'm shutting them off when it's radio play time.

K4MC Rating: 5/5 Dec 26, 2010 01:26 Send this review to a friend
Great - does what is says - well  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have two of these, one running two batteries and never a problem. On the battery side, if you have a heavy use planed for a battry, cycle it once before the big day and you will get more out of it.

Wendell
K4MC

AE6CP Rating: 5/5 Apr 11, 2009 16:46 Send this review to a friend
All I need  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought this unit new in 2001, it's been in use 24/7/365 since then. It keeps the station backup battery charged. I've gone through three 100+ amp hour AGM batteries. (I replace them every three years if they need it or not) I've also used it to charge my QRP batteries, usually 5 or 7.5Ah. Never a problem, no RFI, and I feel it's letting me get the most out of the batteries.
Sometimes the 1.25A charge rate seems to take forever but it's worth the wait to be battery friendly.

DH5JBR Rating: 5/5 Nov 17, 2008 07:16 Send this review to a friend
We get it cheaper!  Time owned: more than 12 months
If it is the same appliance, I got it for about 13 here in Germany. Not so much a charger as a "tender". I use it for two lead-gel batteries of 17Ah each and they survived last winter in excellent condition. I still use the trickle chargers that came with the batteries for charging after use. The batteries used to go flat when not in use during the winter. I was very impressed by their performance after their time on the tender. And - seeing the US prices - a real bargain. The LEDs change from time to time cycling the voltage up and down in just the way to keep them fresh while not "over"cycling them. Will beable to say more next year.

WW4FLY Rating: 5/5 Dec 9, 2006 10:48 Send this review to a friend
Good Charger - No RFI!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I purchased this charger as a replacement for one which caused considerable RFI. The unit is small, about the size of two closed fists, quiet - no fan, and does exactly what it should. I use it to charge a deep-cycle marine battery which powers my station, autotuner and DX beacon monitor. Because it is only a 1.25 amp charger, it takes a while, but I have left this unit connected and charging constantly with no ill effects.

KC0SDV Rating: 5/5 Sep 15, 2005 11:31 Send this review to a friend
Great !!!!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
The product and technical support is great. I use it to charge and maintain 2 115 amp hour deep cycle batteries connected in parallel, so it has its work cut out. I had a couple of questions and emailed the tech support department and got immediate answers and explanations.

Cliff

W3ETC Rating: 5/5 Sep 13, 2005 05:55 Send this review to a friend
Great little charger  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Based on the recommendations on eHam I purchased the Battery Tender Plus after talking to the factory. They were extremely helpful and verified that what I was looking to do was do fit with their charger. I purchased a large 75 AH AGM Battery that had been pulled from UPS backup service at a local hamfest. I hooked that to my IC-706MKIIG and the little Battery Tender keeps it in great shape. Instant emergency communication power that can last a long time. It is quiet no hum and no noise. The Icom gives no indication that the Battery Tender is on or not. The green and red indicators lights bring the big battery up to the right voltage and then go down to the correct maintainance level without cooking the battery.

I know there are products out there that do the same thing interfacing between the rig and charger and a battery system, but this was pretty inexpensive. I recommend the Battery Tender especially with the 10 Year warranty ! Not many electrical products have that one. You can find the charger for under $ 40.

KA7GKN Rating: 5/5 Nov 3, 2004 05:57 Send this review to a friend
worth the investment  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have these units for the motorcycle, and riding lawn mower. I also use it for my large gel cell 12v batteries. I have made permanent cables on the various devices so all I do is plug in the tender and the rest is all automatic.

The tender monitors the battery and tells you various status reports using two LEDs

This box has never boiled or destroyed any of my batteries.
If you have battery charging problems, or need to keep a seldom used battery device charged and ready to go, this is the charger for you.

The box is small quiet and just keeps working!

Marty ka7gkn