Reviews Categories | Antenna Tuners | N4XM XMatch Tuner Help

Reviews Summary for N4XM XMatch Tuner
N4XM XMatch Tuner Reviews: 4 Average rating: 4.5/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Handles full legal limit. Matches almost any kind of antenna, including random wire type. Only 2 knobs used to tune. Very high efficiency.
More info: http://n4xm.myiglou.com/

You can write your own review of the N4XM XMatch Tuner.

KW9D Rating: 5/5 Oct 11, 2010 15:48 Send this review to a friend
Perfect for me!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've used mine for several years with an Alpha 91B amp. It's perfectly sized to sit on top the amp and not block the tube's cooling air. It's easy to tune, never arcs or makes any noise. I've used it on 160m thru 17m without a hitch. I accidently pushed it well beyond 1500w when I over drove my Alpha. It will test your coax or outdoor balun - I blew up a balun while tuning my amp. It sends rf out the feedline where it belongs. My only complaint is that the SO239 jacks are somewhat close together which makes attaching coax fittings difficult if you have big fingers. I don't miss a meter or vernier drive on the capacitor like many of the other guys have.
Is it worth the price- For me yes.

WB4QDA Rating: 5/5 May 6, 2009 19:40 Send this review to a friend
As good a tuneras you can buy  Time owned: more than 12 months
Handles full legal power ++ in to just about any antenna .It is expensive but in 45 years of hamming and many antenna tuners I have found none better.

N7XM Rating: 3/5 May 6, 2009 11:42 Send this review to a friend
Not impressed  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Grossly over priced !!!!
blew a capacitor which was rather costly
to replace by the manufacturer at 1000w to rather low SWR - no warrantee !

Not impressed -
OVER PRICED

Make your own and save PLENTY

W4VOL Rating: 5/5 Nov 6, 2004 07:15 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding tuner!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Tunes smooth as silk. Matches better and easier than even the "30" model from Mississippi. Easily handles full legal limit. Very nice to have only 2 knobs. Smooth vernier dial, no slippage. Compares favorably to PalStar AT4-K. Very efficient according to RF ammeter used for testing. No wattmeter included. Nice cabinet. Long time between date ordered and date shipped, but well worth the wait. Shipped when promised from N4XM. Also, Paul is a pleasure to talk to and deal with. Patented circuit seems to be unique. Excellent for use with high-power amps. Here, easily matches loop, wire, etc. Very highly recommended. Expensive compared to other tuners but worth it. Commercial high-grade components. In a word: smooth!