Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | Spectral Isopole Vhf 144 Antenna Help

Reviews Summary for Spectral Isopole Vhf 144 Antenna
Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $99.00
Description: Monoband VHF antenna
More info: http://www.isopole.com

You can write your own review of the Spectral Isopole Vhf 144 Antenna.

KA3NXN Rating: 5/5 Nov 13, 2006 13:50 Send this review to a friend
Beats any antenna many times it's price  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Awesome performance. I just set up the 2 meter & 440 models and both are performing well above expectations. Believe it or not I took down a Cushcraft 2 meter 11 element beam, to put up this vertical. The vertical runs circles around the beam. I mean one station with the beam could only hear me with an S2 signal; now with this Isopole he hears me with 40db over S9, Yes that much difference. I messed & messed with the beam and it was set correctly, and it had an excellent SWR. Still the Isopole kicked its butt. The Isopole was very very easy to set If you follow directions, the SWR will be right within the usable range. The only thing that I did on the VHF unit was to further secure the cones to the mast with some stainless steel screws. I don't trust the hose clamps to hold well enough and make a good enough electrical connection. I can see this deterioration over time.

VE3EFK Rating: 5/5 Nov 7, 2004 11:59 Send this review to a friend
Best performance for the price  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is my second isopole i bought,this late model construction introduce many inprovment over the previus model.
This latest design is easy to assemble and to tune,resulting in a very good package for the price.
If you are looking for reliability,this is the antenna that combine good gain and bandwidth with compact size.
If space does not allow extra height or decoupling radials, then this isopole is perfect for you.
You will quickly appreciate the benefit of this amazing antenna!