Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | Diamond SRH815 144/430/1200 MHz SMA HT antenna Help

Reviews Summary for Diamond SRH815 144/430/1200 MHz SMA HT antenna
Diamond SRH815 144/430/1200 MHz SMA HT antenna Reviews: 6 Average rating: 4.5/5 MSRP: $US $36.95
Description: This is an 6" long base-loaded Handy-Talkie antenna with an SMA base.
More info: http://www.rfparts.com/diamond/

You can write your own review of the Diamond SRH815 144/430/1200 MHz SMA HT antenna.

N9ZAS Rating: 4/5 Dec 7, 2012 23:15 Send this review to a friend
Seems to be a worthwhile investment ... so far.  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Decided on this antenna as a upgrade from the stock duck on my vx6r, and so far I'm not sorry. I'm a little on the fence about the stamina of how the whip is mounted into the base but that might be just me. I have not filed down the collar on the bottom yet because I want to try it on transmit and receive in various places first to see if it's needed. I have noticed a short pin in the connector as others have mentioned, so filing the collar might make the difference. I do like the length since it's a bit more low profile. I may have to try this on the scanner as well with the right adapter.

KC2RSP Rating: 4/5 Jan 20, 2008 17:02 Send this review to a friend
Not a option.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Great for hand held use.
Better then the stock.

KI6BAX Rating: 5/5 Aug 28, 2007 16:34 Send this review to a friend
Nice addition to my Yaesu VX-3R  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
When I picked up the new VX-3 a few months back, I expected limited range due to the low power output. I didn't expect the wide band recieve to be as useless as it was though. This got me looking into a better antenna. Something that would improve performance without negating the small size of the VX-3R. The SRH815 was the ticket. Broadcast radio station reception got a bump of about S-4 or so on the radios meter. Performance into my local repeaters got a nice bump as well.

K3GIL Rating: 5/5 Jul 30, 2006 14:06 Send this review to a friend
Great little antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
I replaced my Icom Q7A with a Yaseu VX-7A and wanted to use this great little antenna for 2 mtrs and 440 MHz. I followed the advice of others and ground down the base by about 1/16th of an inch and it works great on the VX-7A. A compromise, yes, but it makes the radio easy to carry on the belt mount and this little antenna works quite well on 2 mtrs and 440 plus as a wide band recieve!

2M0XDS Rating: 4/5 Oct 27, 2005 17:04 Send this review to a friend
works well better than stock Antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought this for my VX-7 after reading great reviews on the internet (not here)
I got this out the packet and ready to go, but the performance was rubbish
Then I spotted the centre pin is a bit on the short side, you have 2 options here remove the waterproof seal on the VX-7(you will get another 1 1/2 turns on the antenna doing this) problem solved, or file/grind the shoulder of the bottom of the antenna to make things fit.
After the fittings sorted, then this antenna really comes into its own, I noticed a few S points up on 2m and 70 cm, and transmit is better too on both bands

Result 4 out of 5 due to the slight mod required on the VX-7

Donald Suttie

MM0XDS / 2M0XDS

AE6GS Rating: 5/5 Nov 6, 2004 21:38 Send this review to a friend
Good little antenna...  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I went down to HRO looking for a little antenna replacement for my VX-2. This is the one that worked best, and the only one (less than 15" long) noticeably better on 2m than the stock duckie.

It's a nicely-built antenna, although the "cat's whisker" has become permanently bent from carrying it around and I'm worried about it breaking.

But the performance is quite remarkable - it really improves the 2m performance of the VX-1 and VX-2.