Reviews Categories | Antenna Tuners | Miracle Antenna QPack Precision Help

Reviews Summary for Miracle Antenna QPack Precision
Miracle Antenna QPack Precision Reviews: 2 Average rating: 4.5/5 MSRP: $150
Description: Range: 3.5-30 Mhz, 50Mhz limited
Power: 25watts (tested to 50 watts for 2:1 safety factor)
Loads: coax, random wire, balanced lines, verticals
Match: up to 15:1 and beyond in some cases
Size: Inch: 6.5x3.1x1 13.4oz
cm: 16.5 x 7.8 x 2.5 382gr
More info: http://www.miracleantenna.com

You can write your own review of the Miracle Antenna QPack Precision.

DH5AK Rating: 4/5 Aug 9, 2011 10:54 Send this review to a friend
Really sturdy  Time owned: more than 12 months
I am one of those homebrewers who change and tweak details here and there if they receive an industrial made thing. The Q-Pack Precision Tuner convinced me within a few seconds when I held it in my hands. It's STURDY, absolutely robust! Due to its very flexible concept, switching bands in the classic Z-match multiband circuit, the efficiency of this circuit is held up high (which is a REAL pro!). I bought it used and found that one of the ferrite toroids was loose in the box. So I disassembled it, glued the toroid to the board again and modified the circuit a little bit. I decreased the stray capacity inside the circuit quite a lot. After this I found that the tuning range increased towards the high impedance region and therefore gained a nice portion of flexibility (I used to construct professional QRO antenna couplers for seven years, so this topic is common for me). I rewired it (grinded the unwanted copper traces, glued wire to the board instead) to have the same circuit but with much less unwanted capacity. Finally I found that this tuner is for portable use. Therefore I found the BNC outlet on the antenna side NOT very comfortable. I exchanged the aluminum plate for one rebuilt from epoxy board. I added the grounding switch of course but instead of the BNC I placed two 4mm females for banana plugs here. These are very comfortable in portable use for wire antennas or provisional radiators. I placed the two 4mm females in the correct distance that I can plug in a BNC(f)-4mm(m) adaptor, just for the case that I want to match a coaxial line. I love this coupler for portable usage, and after my mods I find it is a real 5 as it matches 98% of all radiators I have ever tried, before I feel it's still a very nice 4++. Even if you do not like to modify it as I did, I can recommend to buy it.

G1MMT Rating: 5/5 Nov 10, 2004 07:05 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Does a perfect job. A really finely constructed unit - excellent. For QRP operation, you can't fault it.