Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | KXer QRP key Help

Reviews Summary for KXer QRP key
KXer QRP key Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $$125
Description: A custom iambic key designed for the Elecraft KX1. Tension provided with magnets. Can be attached directly to the KX1 or in a Stand-alone mode with tripod brass base.

You can write your own review of the KXer QRP key.

KI4DGH Rating: 5/5 Nov 12, 2004 18:50 Send this review to a friend
Little key with BIG key performance  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is a great little key. I love taking my QRP rig out to the field and I was never comfortable with the fit and feel of my J-37 leg key or the other QRP keys that I have tried. I read the reviews on about Richard Meiss's Parkwood Paddle and ordered one to use with my KX1. Richard contacted me with photos of a prototype key that he was developing for the KX1. I changed my order and got Serial # 001. The tactile feel is great. It uses magnetic tension and the spacing can be adjusted with small knurled knobs. The tripod brass base provides a very solid stand-alone base. The key is designed to be attached directly to the KX1, but it will work with any rig. The legs on the base can be removed and stored inside the brass base for compact storage. The form, fit, and feel of this key is fantastic. My only regreat is that I never got my Parkwood Paddle. I am going to have to bug (pun intended) Richard until he makes me another key to go with my KXer.