Reviews Categories | Amplifiers: RF Power - 6M/VHF/UHF+ | ACOM HF1000 Help

Reviews Summary for ACOM HF1000
ACOM HF1000 Reviews: 4 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $2300
Description: HF and 6 Meter 1KW Linear Amplifier
More info: http://www.acom-bg.com/

You can write your own review of the ACOM HF1000.

G7FWE Rating: 5/5 May 4, 2005 23:00 Send this review to a friend
Great but sensitive to tune  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I've had the amp for around a year now. I do most of my QRO operation portable and on 6m so take my comments with this in mind.

The amp itself is beautifully constructed and certaintly withstands the sorts of abuse it gets whilst being carted around in a Land Rover to and from contests.

In operation it is whisper quiet, and I do mean whisper. The fan on my IC 7400 is louder than the blower in the amp. This is true both on TX and RX.

I do find that it is *very* sensitive to tune. This may be true only on 6m? but the slightest alteration in loading can affect the tuning significantly. Therefore those looking to switch bands very quickly may be a little frustrated.

On air the signal has been praised countless times and the amp has sooooooo many protection circuits that it's impossible to kill. I've had antennas fail to shorts, high SWR, power dips to 180v and the amp will either carry on regardless or will switch itself out of line and give you a good error message. Perfect!

Well ACOM - A fine piece of kit. Now just make the 2000 amplifier do 6m!!!

W0LC Rating: 5/5 Apr 4, 2005 13:43 Send this review to a friend
Great Amp for an Idiot!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have owned my ACOM for a while now. let me tell you; this is one idiot proof amp and it puts out the power and doesn't cringe at SWR!

Read the reviews in QST and come to your own conclusions! If I had the money, I would have two (2) of them!!!!

AH6FC Rating: 5/5 Dec 16, 2004 09:20 Send this review to a friend
Full KW  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Though I've only owned it a short time, I'm very impressed. Full KW on 6 with 40 - 50 watts of drive. Absolutely no TVI on channel 2. I purchased for HF but the 50 Mhz capability is an added benefit. Very quiet - essentially silent operation. The LCD display is a bit small, but with appropriate rig placement on the desk, it will be fine.

Check it out.
73's & Aloha,
Bill
AH6FC/7

W0LC Rating: 5/5 Nov 15, 2004 08:47 Send this review to a friend
Top Line Amp!!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have owned and operated this amp for a few months now. It is nearly fool proof to screw it up! Has all sorts of protective circuitry and warnings.

Uses the 4CX800A (GU74B) Tube. Runs an easy kilowatt on all bands 10-160 and 6 meters.

If you are looking for a really quiet amp, easy to operate, idiot proof unit, ACOM is the one!