Reviews Categories | Contesting Hardware | EZMaster All in One All Mode SO2R Device Help

Reviews Summary for EZMaster All in One All Mode SO2R Device
EZMaster All in One All Mode SO2R Device Reviews: 10 Average rating: 3.9/5 MSRP: $540
Description: The ultimate device for interface you PC and Radios in your shack.Include DVK, CW Keyer, Band Decoder, Radio Interface, SO2R switch, USB/Parallel/COM connection. DOS/Windows/Mac/Linux compatibilty. Works with most software on the market (TR,NA,SD,N1MM,CTWIN,WL,RCKlog,RCKTTY,MIXW,MMTTY,YPLOG,WT)
More info: http://www.hamradiosolutions.com/

You can write your own review of the EZMaster All in One All Mode SO2R Device.

M0MCX Rating: 1/5 Oct 1, 2013 04:25 Send this review to a friend
Not a great experience  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I've had both, the EZMaster and more recently, the Microham MK2R+. I had a terrible experience getting the EZMaster to work and after many weeks (months) of intermittent support from the supplier and a fellow UK Ham (who was roped in for a number of long telephone conversations with me), I gave up and asked for my money back, which I eventually got.

I wonder if he stopped making them?

Anyway, I'm sure the guys that did get this working enjoy it, but for a more configurable experience with excellent support, try the MK2R+.

SV1DPI Rating: 1/5 May 14, 2009 11:28 Send this review to a friend
Stay far  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought a used EZmaster with all accessories included. I have a lot of experience to setup such devices. I never managed to make it to work with 2 radios and my software. I use dx4win for logging and writelog for contesting. It worked with one radio after a lot of try (more than 4 weekends). It worked also on ssb, semi-worked on cw and not at all on rtty (with fsk boards installed). My device wasn't defective as it worked fine with wintest demo. It is also easy to setup it with wintest. But i don't want to change my software and their site says that ezmaster supports writelog. Very dissapointed as i was believing that it would be the solution. The worst of all is that never received any reply for my questions from hamradio solutions. And after a lot of questions in several reflectors i received only one answer from ct3fq. Stay far from this device. I gave one point only for his excellent voice keyer and because it works very nice for wintest.

CT3FQ Rating: 2/5 Apr 14, 2009 04:43 Send this review to a friend
A SO2R buggy device  Time owned: more than 12 months
Have had my EZMASTER for 3 plus years and my conclusion is that ďeasymasterĒ is a buggy device without any future.
The EZMASTER internal winkey doesnít work well with any contest software, and If you want to play CW, you have to use it as a simple and expensive optocoupler. If you want to play other mode, like RTTY, you must have your own FSK interface. If you want to use it as a antenna/filter switch controller you have to run the EZmanager software each time you turn off/on, because the device doesnít memorize the relays working positions.
Each time you have problems with RF, the device stops to work, and the solution is upload again and again different versions of firmware.
And what to tell about EZMASTER support? My EZmaster stops to work three weeks ago and I have send a lot of emails to Hamradiosolutions without any kind of answer. Iím not rich but I decided send EZMASTER away to the wastebasket and forget it.
A friend teach me that If you want to be success in the market, you must have a good product and an even better support.
Iím very sorry, but I can only give two review points, one for the excellent voice keyer and another one for the display clock because it really works!
Iím tired of Amateurs in business!

ES5RW Rating: 5/5 Aug 2, 2008 05:21 Send this review to a friend
Nice product  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I would recommend such kind of device not only for SO2R operation, but for any type of contesting or having more than 1 rig at a station. There is really not much to add to previous reviewers.

Although accepted by the manual, be aware that the device may not work properly when powered from the the PC, a laptop, in particular, via the USB cable. The voltage drop may cause malfunction of the relays. In my case, I happened to be without the PTT in radio B chain and this may not be pleasant in the middle of the contest. However, after the contest, a couple of E-mails with Flavio solved the problem. Consequently, I proposed to amend the manual suggesting to use external 12V supply exclusively.

Besides, it is a good idea to check the soldering of the optional accessory connection cables e.g. in my speaker cables the left and right cannels were mixed up. I am mostly using TT Orion and am used to have the main VFO in both ears while listening to the to the sub VFO with in my right ear. Luckily, I didn't need to do the resoldering, just used the audio menu to put the channels back to their places.

Otherwize, I am a satisfied owner.

73, Rein, ES5RW

OH6QU Rating: 5/5 Sep 2, 2006 11:20 Send this review to a friend
No more hassle with cables and separate boxes  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
The reason for purchasing EZMaster was to simplify my station setup. I didn't want to do anymore re-cabling of logging software (TR), voice keyer, morse keyer, digi adapters and headset between my HF and VHF stations (both having FT-1000MP's) when willing to use either of my radios.

EZMaster didn't let me down - I got rid off a bunch of extra cables and separate boxes (e.g. voice keyer, digi-adapters, morse keyer, interposing relays and some delay circuits). The superb markings in the EZMaster cables makes the system setup also much easier than before.

I very much recommend EZMaster not only for the serious contesters but for the casual DXers having more than one radio and not willing to duplicate all accessories around the radio.

P.S. The voice keyer in EZMaster has the best audio quality I have ever heard in any of the voice keyers around.

ES5TV Rating: 5/5 Sep 1, 2006 14:02 Send this review to a friend
great leap forward  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have been using EZM and WinTest combo for about half a year now and will never consider going back to old DOS TR Log based system. This combination is really hard to beat in efficiency and flexibility when running a SO2R station. And besides - WT and EZM are both actively developed. Fabio, I4UFH, has been very helpful in considering my requests for new EZM firmware releases.

Of course it is great to have it run by computer through USB port and it even gets power from the same USB cable. 7 high quality SSB messages lets you play around a lot.

I know that MicroHam is coming out with new SO2R controller but it is hard to imagine what else could it add to the station and the fact that WT and EZM completely support each other and are even developed together is quite impossible to beat. I have already placed order for another EZM into my station for Multi Ops...

OH2UA Rating: 5/5 Oct 3, 2005 06:47 Send this review to a friend
I just love it!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've been using many different kind of SO2R devices, but nothing like this before! After reading some information from Hamradio Solutions web page, I knew this is really something.

Setting up the SO2R system with EZMaster was as easy as 1-2-3. Just plug in the cables, configure the EZMaster and you're ready.

While using Win-Test logging software, only one USB cable is needed to connect EVERYTHING to computer. Even CAT data from radios is connected via USB.

EZMaster has K1EL Winkey and high quality SSB keyers inside. It also provides band data from both radios to two 25-pin D-connectors behind the EZMaster. And one can configure the band data pin outputs in a way what fits to best to you. Even different configurations can be configured to
TX and RX.

So no more worries about LPT and 2 COM ports and needs for DOS computer. Everything is connected by USB and it takes just couple of minutes to configure the EZMaster. I just love it!

F5MZN Rating: 5/5 Apr 27, 2005 00:44 Send this review to a friend
Excellent!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
After having tried out various homemade SO2R interfaces I said myself that I needed a more advanced system able to dialogue with the logging software. When I discovered EZMaster, I have been immediately very impressed by all the functionalities! In addition to a very nice design, EZMaster met exactly my need: control the whole of the accessories of the station easily with a lot of flexibility and with a minimum of wiring and boxes! It was not necessary any less so that I decide to add a module to Win-Test (oh yes, this is the software I author) able to take control of the full extended mode of the EZMaster. Documentation for the developer is nice (as well as the user manual), which enabled me to get the necessary code written in a record time! Bravo Mr HamRadioSolution! I used EZMaster for various CW and SSB contests from F and FY the past 6 months, without never having any problem at all. Get the EZMaster, plug the USB cable in, connect your rig and remote antenna switch to and you're ready to play SO2R with an advanced setup! EZMaster is without any doubt the best improvement than I could bring to my station since many years.

T93M Rating: 5/5 Apr 21, 2005 19:33 Send this review to a friend
Amazing box  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I had DX doubler for SO2R but when HamRadio solutions came out with EZmaster I had to have it. Best money spent ever. With WiN-Test contesting software and only one USB cable I have control of two radios, two band decoders (they are part of the box) for Six-Pak (WX0B) antenna switch, DVK triggered by any popular contesting software , K1EL winkey and advanced SO2R capabilities.
Cables for connecting the radios are great quality and neatly marked. Support by Fabio, I4UFH is also great.
At first it might look expensive but when you add all separate boxes, their cables and number of COM,LPT etc ports needed to get it runing this box is actualy very affordable. I urge you to take a look at this product.

SM2DMU Rating: 5/5 Dec 7, 2004 09:30 Send this review to a friend
Great item  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was about to change my computer some months ago when I first came across EzMaster on the WEB. I had a look at everything it promissed by downloading the manual and it seemed to fit exactly what I was looking for.

I was searching for a device that could handle two radios in both WriteLog and DX4Win. It should also take care of as many modes as possible, at least CW and Phone. After checking several items offered by various companies I ordered my EzMaster using PayPal and it was delivered about a week later - This is normal for a European parcel travelling some 3000km.

After connecting all cables to my Icom rigs (IC 7800 and IC 775) I carefully followed the manual and used the EzConsol and EzManager to check the switching of the radios.
So far I have worked the CQWW contests and some minor contests using the EzMaster with WriteLog. I have had some minor problems during the installations but they were pilot errors made by myself. Some questions I had was swiftly answered by Hamradiosolutions by E-mail - The manuals have been improved and some extra manuals written for the popular contest programs to show how to impliment the EzMaster.
I have also chased some DX shifting between the IC7800 and IC775 in DX4Win and so far the EzMaster has not let me down.
You do not even need to have the computer turned on to operate both radios.
I have now got the cables for the digital modes as well and intend to have them installed shortly. I am sure this will not be any problem either!!