Reviews Categories | Microphones | Heil PR40 Dynamic Microphone Help

Reviews Summary for Heil PR40 Dynamic Microphone
Heil PR40 Dynamic Microphone Reviews: 60 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $269.00
Description: There are currently four models in the PR series… the PR20, PR30, PR780 and the PR40. All are dynamic microphones. The PR20 is essentially a Gold Line Pro with a new look. A review of the PR30 is at http://webpages.charter.net/donsno/pr30.htm . The PR780, has been specifically designed for use with the ICOM 7800/756 Pro lll transceivers. The PR40 is similar in appearance to the PR30 and represents the top of the line.
More info: http://www.heilsound.com

You can write your own review of the Heil PR40 Dynamic Microphone.

W2YM Rating: 5/5 Sep 8, 2014 20:05 Send this review to a friend
GREAT MIC  Time owned: more than 12 months
This Mic. is unreal.. I have even tried it on old radio's and it sounded so good I couldn't even believe it. Just mic and radio.. it is so nice to hear how great you can sound with this mic. Mark W2YM

NN2X Rating: 5/5 Jul 3, 2014 19:52 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I had the PRO 30 and upgraded to the Pro40...Yes, there is a substantial difference, worthy of the upgrade! Audio is full, loud, and cover every once of audio spectrum. I am happy I made the purchase...Additionally I purchased the W2IHY (8 Band Audo Equalizer and EQPlus) and that combination works wonderfully! This combo produces an amazing results...

If I had to do it again, I would have purchased the above Audio equipment before the AMP!

NA6D Rating: 5/5 May 12, 2013 18:47 Send this review to a friend
Wonderful sounding microphone  Time owned: more than 12 months
Got the PR 40 to match with Ten Tec Orion II. Run wide at about 3.8 Khz and have had nothing but wonderful reports. One station thought I was a radio announcer! It worked so well, I got one for my Omni VII. Same great results. It is expensive to be sure but if you are looking for top shelf audio quality, this is THE microphone for that purpose.

VE3WCQ Rating: 5/5 Apr 24, 2013 18:11 Send this review to a friend
The Best!!!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Well just like the last post says " Simply the Best". I have used HM-12 and PR-781 for almost 2 years on my TS-590 and had good reports. Well I bought a new rig FTdx-3000 and thought I would try the PR-40 but had to use PR-781 until it came ( 4 week back order ). I had good to great reports with the 781 and then can the PR-40 WOW nice looking, well built, solid. I was told your not going to hear a difference, Ah ya right! I hooked up the Mic with the Yeasu Balanced Cable and I hit the Mon button and well what a great sound and no Eq. so I played with Eq. settings and I sound like I am ready to do the News or Traffic report sounds Fantastic never could get the 781 to sound like that so full and smooth with just the right amount of highs, love it! I should have bought this Mic right from the start. If you are looking for that BIG RADIO sound well this is the Mic and don't let pepole tell you you won't or they won't hear a difference, bull. As for the Radio look for my post in the near future on the FTdx-3000 WOW! Lets just say the TS-590 is the back up rig.

All the best.
73!
Mike
VE3WCQ

KC8PCK Rating: 5/5 Dec 8, 2012 14:17 Send this review to a friend
Simply The Best  Time owned: more than 12 months
The PR40 has a surprisingly wide frequency range for a dynamic microphone, covering 28Hz to 18kHz. In testing a variety of microphones I found the PR-40 to be the best of the best with the rejection of a dynamic and the clarity and sparkle of a condenser. This microphone has become the clear favorite of pod-casters and amateur radio audio enthusiasts. Worth every penny! The service you receive from the folks at Heil Sound is excellent also, I needed a part for a PL2T boom and they sent it to me at no charge even though the warranty had expired!

LU7BSE Rating: 5/5 Jul 27, 2012 05:40 Send this review to a friend
Mejor aun que el PR-781  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Se reemplazo por el PR-781, mejor sonido, mas nítido, el PR-40 es el perfecto aliado del Kenwood TS-590s, Reportes de audio Excelentes, El PR-40 se destaca de todos, un sonido particular. solo usando el EQ del 590.

100% Recomendable!
Gracias!

N4YX Rating: 5/5 Jul 12, 2012 13:32 Send this review to a friend
Two Thumbs Up!  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is an Excellent Mic and performs as well or better than any in my arsenal.

K5REZ Rating: 5/5 May 18, 2012 08:21 Send this review to a friend
Worth Every Penny  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Some people are "microphone" people and love to toy with audio. Others are not.

Over time, I've bought several microphones, totaling more than the price of the PR40. I wish I'd have bought the Heil PR40 first.

If you like the way your radio sounds (and others comment favorably) then stick with the microphone you have.

The Heil PR40 and my Flex 3000 have a "good thing going". I'm happy.

W5RHR Rating: 5/5 Mar 31, 2012 11:29 Send this review to a friend
like night and day  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just received my PR40 yesterday and it replaces an AT2020 into an Icom 7000.

What a difference it makes, much more gain from the dynamic PR40 than the AT condenser, more frequency response, and immune to "P"ss.

I also made the connections and settings suggested on the Heil page for the Icom and those were the icing on the cake.

The only down side of routing the Mic audio into the rear accessory jack is that Vox doesn't work from that input, nor does recording audio for the
memory voice playback.

It is an expensive mic but if you want a reliable, durable high fidelity mic this is the one.

N1ZLE Rating: 5/5 Dec 4, 2011 15:53 Send this review to a friend
Thanks Mr. Heil!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Been using it for about 4 yrs, love it.
After side by side testing with an RE-27, ATR-30, Behringer B-1, and B-2, at my home studio on both guitar and voice, this is my favorite.

It has the fullest, most articulate, and accurate representation of my voice I've found.