Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | Spiro D-34 Trapped Dipole Help

Reviews Summary for Spiro D-34 Trapped Dipole
Spiro D-34 Trapped Dipole Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $109.95
Description: Factory assembled, ready to use
Lightweight, sealed, weatherproof antenna traps
Handles 600 watts
From their website...some details:

D-34 ProSeries
10,15,20
24 feet long
4 traps
$109.95 with center conductor or $124.95 with current balun
More info: http://www.spiromfg.com/

You can write your own review of the Spiro D-34 Trapped Dipole.

K2ROK Rating: 5/5 Nov 21, 2004 07:19 Send this review to a friend
Works FB  Time owned: more than 12 months
I needed a trapped indoor dipole for operations since I did not want wires all over my rather small yard. Since it has been in the attic, the antenna has not been subjected to the weather, so I cannot comment on how it would have held up outside. In terms of the antenna itself, it was already together, but needed some tweaking on certain lengths for resonance. It seems solidy constructed and all the parts are of decent quality. It's worked fine for the past six years and I have no complaints. It hangs in the attic and is pretty much forgotten. I have worked plenty of DX running under 20 watts. I have fed this antenna only with that amount of power -- nothing higher due to the fact I don't have a more powerful rig, and the fact I would not want to run more since the antenna is indoors.

The instructions could be a little more professional. They look like something someone cranked out in MS Word and fired off on a copier. The "tilted" text which was obviously pasted onto the instructions even made these instructions more lame-looking. Take a lesson from LDG here and put in some nice instructions, no matter how small your company may be. Speaking of that, I know little about the company except that it is American and based on Tennessee. So between my car (Saturn), radio (Ten Tec) and antenna (Spiro) the Volunteer State is supplying a lot of my things these days!

Oh -- their website is simple and easy to navigate. Nothing flashy, but straight-forward and informative.

The bottom line is I probably could have made my own antenna in this case, but at the time I simply bought this one and have been pleased.