Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Other than logging | Afreet Software Morse Runner Help

Reviews Summary for Afreet Software Morse Runner
Afreet Software Morse Runner Reviews: 22 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $Freeware
Description: Contest simulator for Windows 95/98/ME/NT4/2000/XP
More info: http://www.dxatlas.com/MorseRunner/

You can write your own review of the Afreet Software Morse Runner.

NW2K Rating: 5/5 Jan 21, 2014 16:37 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Contest Simulator  Time owned: more than 12 months
Excellent Morse tool. Works here in Windows 7 and XP.

LA3MHA Rating: 5/5 Mar 17, 2012 21:55 Send this review to a friend
Great program!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Do you have a Mac, do not be afraid to use MorseRunner.
I am using Morse Runner on a Mac with Parallels installed.

What is Parallels? Follow the link...

This is a great little program and easy to use! If you like to contest or just want to build your CW accuracy, get this program.

K7EMI Rating: 5/5 Jan 22, 2012 17:17 Send this review to a friend
It works on my Mac using Darwine!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have VMWare Fusion on my Mac for when I have to run Windows programs I'm addicted to (i.e, Morse Runner). That's painful enough that I haven't been using it lately. I just realized it runs under Darwine!

I'm away from CW for long stretches and when I start up Morse Runner I start staring at my monitor and forgetting to blink.

WC3O Rating: 5/5 Nov 1, 2011 12:02 Send this review to a friend
Way cool  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is the best CW contesting trainer there is. It is so real feeling that I find myself holding my breath and getting nervous about a Q taking too long, forgetting that I am not workin a DX station, Iím workin a computer! Itís like a virtual roller coaster ride for CW! As far as youíre concerned, your in the big contest. It has helped me greatly. Thank you Alex. And then itís free? I canít recommend it enough. If you are just starting out please keep in mind that it can be slowed way down from the default speed you get when you first start the program. Un-click all the hazards and get to it. CQ WW CW is coming up fast. Youíd better get crackin!

N7XM Rating: 5/5 Feb 9, 2011 10:06 Send this review to a friend
This is INSPIRED software  Time owned: more than 12 months
Whether you are a raw beginner of experienced
contest operator this FREE software can make
you a BETTER operator - and provide excitement and
fun at this same time
The creator of this program and DX ATLAS is inspired ! this is the NEXT best thing to
REAL WORLD operating - Just awesome

Start with SINGLE callers , and turn off QRN, LIDS, QRM, QSB - turn them OFF to begin -

LET the GAMES begin !!!!!

NK5G Rating: 5/5 Mar 8, 2010 18:32 Send this review to a friend
Great little program  Time owned: more than 12 months

KT8K Rating: 5/5 Dec 27, 2008 12:16 Send this review to a friend
Great contest simulator  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This program is a lot of fun. It lets you practice contest operation as if you were a big gun, with all the QSB, lids, etc. I am finding it a bit addictive, and splitting my time in the station between on-air operating and MorseRunner contesting.
It will really improve your contesting/listening skills, too. The only thing I haven't found yet is a help file, instructions, or a manual of some sort, but I am figuring it out as I go.
If you like contesting, this program is for you.

VK2NU Rating: 5/5 Apr 26, 2007 19:40 Send this review to a friend
Good Fun  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Not only does this help out your CW skills, it's also fun and when the bands are dead you can take part in your own mini contest, or just have fun running a pile up.

great stuff

David

KI4ET Rating: 4/5 Jan 24, 2007 06:11 Send this review to a friend
Good Program but Needs Documentation  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Iíve used Morse Runner off and on for about one year. As a new CW operator I found the learning curve pretty steep given that my Morse skills werenít the best and not being familiar with contesting procedures and abbreviations. After several emails to the author and a bunch of trial and error trying different buttons in response to replies other than di-dah-dit I finally managed to be able to use the program. All together I wasted about a month to 6 weeks figuring these things out. Even now if Iíve been away from the program for a month or so I have to refigure out some of the responses. A short paragraph or two in the notes that discussed operation of the program and contesting abbreviations and procedures would have saved me a lot of time then and would even be useful to me now when Iíve been away from the program for a while. Now that the code requirements have been dropped it is especially important that we do everything we can to make new CW operators have an easy path to higher speeds so they can focus on code practice and not on program learning. Now that I understand the program I really like it. I now cruse along between 18 and 20 wpm and do better all the time. I attribute this to Morse Runner and RuffZ.

WV1K Rating: 5/5 Jan 22, 2006 16:42 Send this review to a friend
Like an HF radio  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've seen alot of store bought software since I've been using computers for 80 percent of my life. As a younger amateur they were central to me growing up in school. They were not a late life addition.

I'm concerned this software could put on air CW out of business ! When HF conditions were poor at my location last week, I did a 30 minute run of stations at 30 wpm.

Lids, fading, QSB, RIT, variable filter banswidth... it was like being on the air and kept me busy. The latest version is the best yet.

Now all we need is a key click mod and a INRAD roofing filter. Maybe a defective LED board after two years, and trip back to people who chant check back next week over and over... never mind.