Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Other than logging | Afreet Software Morse Runner Help

Reviews Summary for Afreet Software Morse Runner
Afreet Software Morse Runner Reviews: 22 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $Freeware
Description: Contest simulator for Windows 95/98/ME/NT4/2000/XP
More info: http://www.dxatlas.com/MorseRunner/

You can write your own review of the Afreet Software Morse Runner.

G4XXI Rating: 5/5 Jan 21, 2006 10:00 Send this review to a friend
great trainer  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I can not speak too highly of this. As a confidence and speed builder it is really fantastic. I love it!!

9A7Z Rating: 5/5 Oct 30, 2005 11:26 Send this review to a friend
Most fun  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The most fun cw trainer I have ever used

W5RJ Rating: 5/5 Oct 9, 2005 09:00 Send this review to a friend
Morse Runner  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
It is the greatest freeware I've ever used! Works Great!! never could afford "Dr. DX".....This one is a lot cheaper....

YI9VCQ Rating: 5/5 Sep 15, 2005 21:39 Send this review to a friend
Just like a pileup from YI!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I've used Morse Runner to keep my edge when unable to be on the air for extended periods of time. It exactly replicates some of the same contest conditions I experience here in YI land.

Excellent software!!

Korey
YI9VCQ/KA5VCQ
Baghdad, Iraq

IK7JWY Rating: 5/5 Sep 15, 2005 11:57 Send this review to a friend
Is it only a simulation ?!?  Time owned: months
I use the software for cw-contest training, sometime I forget that it's only a computer simulation :-)
Many thanks to Afreet for this freeware.

Art, ik7jwy

N4KZ Rating: 5/5 Jun 17, 2005 18:36 Send this review to a friend
All this for free? It's great  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This program is great and loads of fun to use. After just two evenings of playing with it, I have already improved my copying speed and ability to deal with an unruly pile-up. I won't repeat all the info about its features -- others have said it all already.

I saw Dr. DX by AEA demonstrated at Dayton years ago and was totally impressed but it was too rich for my blood. Now, years later, I can hardly believe a CW contest simulator this good is available for free.

Wow.

See you in the pile-ups.

73, Dave, N4KZ

NT9E Rating: 5/5 Mar 17, 2005 08:10 Send this review to a friend
Excellent simulation!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The CW simulation program so far this century! However my favorite is still AEA's DR. DX. Dr. DX allowed you to attach your own keyer to the Dr. DX cartridge. But this is the next best thing. The software is free so take advantage of the CW Contest experience!

N4HY Rating: 5/5 Mar 17, 2005 05:40 Send this review to a friend
Tops  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
This is the best. Period.

Bob
N4HY

G0RTN Rating: 5/5 Feb 22, 2005 18:25 Send this review to a friend
Simply the best!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
You remember that Tina Turner song, "Simply The Best". Well, if Tina was singing about CW trainers, this would be what she was singing about. Of course, she wasn't singing about morse trainers, so that's a moot point.

I was using RUFZ and PED as CW speed trainers back in the '90s, and this is simply a generation beyond those. Start the programme and you'll find it sounds like you really are at a radio, operating in a slightly modified version of the WPX CW contest. QSB, QRN, badly behaved pileups, people who try and steal your run frequency and even the dreaded LIDs all feature in the programme. It's certainly helped my ability to cope with big pileups and increased my contest speed by at least 5 words a minute. It's a small, simple programme based on a cut down version of the N1MM logger, and it even works on my steam powered PC!

Better yet, if you use the programme in 'Competion' mode - one solid hour with all features turned on - you can enter an international high score table, competing with other users around the world - a W7 is in the place above me on the table, a UA9 on the place below.

The danger is, if you're a G station with a poor antenna system, this can be more fun than a real contest!

While you can't change contest format, the WPX exchange means you have to get the serial right rather than lazily guessing the zone. It would be nice to be able to crank up the speed beyond 60 wpm as well! There could be a few improvements, but for freeware it doesn't get much better.

AC7FA Rating: 4/5 Dec 7, 2004 17:27 Send this review to a friend
Now version1.3  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have to agree with N7OR that Morse Runner would be great if you could change the exchange format and change the keyboard messages. I would pay a few bucks for it with just these two enhancements. As of right now, the author says that it is free for the foreseeable future. It is a fun program, maybe the most fun cw trainer I have used.