Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | OPEK VUG-270 Help

Reviews Summary for OPEK VUG-270
OPEK VUG-270 Reviews: 4 Average rating: 3.3/5 MSRP: $50
Description: This is a VHF/UHF dual-band thru-glass model

You can write your own review of the OPEK VUG-270.

VR2XMQ Rating: 3/5 Jun 17, 2010 04:02 Send this review to a friend
Does the job.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Installed in less then 10 minutes and most of that time was the cable routing. Great since you don't need to drill holes just adhere to glass and away you go.

Two meter operation was OK but nothing to rave about. 430/440 is a different story, a bit on the marginal side. Difficult to tune SWR.

Average performance but convenience can't be beat.

KE7ICU Rating: 5/5 Jan 28, 2007 17:40 Send this review to a friend
Works great  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Broke down and bought one since I'm reluctant to drill holes in my new truck. Pleasantly surprised with SWR of around 1.3 for both 2 meter and 440 bands. Works great in and around Seattle.

W0ANM Rating: 1/5 Mar 15, 2006 13:14 Send this review to a friend
vhf OK uhf poor  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I replaced my 2 meter version OPEK with the dual band version. VHF tunes will with 1:1 swr, however, I can not get the swr down with the 440 band. I even changed the location (further way from window defogger). The 440 band has loosey preformance. I am really disappointed.

KD7DEY Rating: 4/5 Nov 26, 2004 11:48 Send this review to a friend
Loved it, so did someone else!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I installed this unit on my rear side window, and when we took a trip to eastern washington had no trouble hitting repeaters that I had never even used
or listened to before. I would buy anouther one of these, but it seems that the thru-glass uunits are very prone to theft, since it seems some punk wanted mine more then I did.

73s