Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | Antenex B1443 VHF 5/8 wave NMO mobile antenna Help

Reviews Summary for Antenex B1443 VHF 5/8 wave NMO mobile antenna
Reviews: 4 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: 136-174MHz 3dB vertical mobile antenna, 5/8 wave. Available in chrome (B1443) or black (BB1443) finish and with (1443S) or without (1443) a spring.
More info: http://www.antenex.com

You can write your own review of the Antenex B1443 VHF 5/8 wave NMO mobile antenna.

K5AHH Rating: 5/5 Apr 15, 2014 07:08 Send this review to a friend
Great all-around 5/8 wave antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
--These are just solid, well made, antennas. I've owned this antenna for around 8 years. Rugged enough, so you can go off-roading and not have to worry about low tree limbs destroying your antenna. This antenna also works on 6 meters as well. I currently have this antenna connected to a Diamond duplexer, allowing the use of a 6 meter mobile and 2 meter mobile with one antenna. You can still get these antennas, but they are now under the "Laird" name.

KG6UTS Rating: 5/5 Jan 4, 2009 20:55 Send this review to a friend
One tough nut!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought the antennas, B1443S, as loaners for temporary installation on 4X4s traveling in Baja. The radios were Icom 2100Hs. The antennas worked fine and still are in great shape many offroad trips later.

EdZ KH6UTS
San Diego/Borrego Springs

KI6FGQ Rating: 5/5 Sep 26, 2007 11:17 Send this review to a friend
Excellent 5/8 wave  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently needed a little more gain for the VHF ACS repeater in our area; especially when traveling in the fringe areas.

The Antentex antenna works great! Well built and the cutting chart was spot on. I cut it for 146MHz (47.25") and my SWR was 1:1.0x! I really like their coil design with the gold-plated NMO contact pin.

No complaints whatsoever. As you may have read in a previous post for a different antenna, "Antenex has no customer service"-- not from my experience.

I recently called to ask a question on a bracket, left my phone number and the support guy called me back within an hour. YMMV, but I was very happy!

I'll be buying more of their products!

KG4PTZ Rating: 5/5 Nov 27, 2004 13:19 Send this review to a friend
Works well on data and voice  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
This antenna has been in use for my mobile APRS equipment (Kenwood D7 and Garmin eTrex Legend) since I installed it. It has worked flawlessly from day 1 and I have seen no reason to mess with a good thing. I opted to install the spring on this antenna, as I drive through wooded areas often and I don't like having to replace whips. I also have an Antenex C144/440CS on my truck for voice. Both of these have done as well or better than their predecessors (MFJ1724B and Rat Shack 2m 5/8 wave).