Reviews Categories | Microphones | Heil PR 780 Microphone Help

Reviews Summary for Heil PR 780 Microphone
Heil PR 780 Microphone Reviews: 17 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $N/A
Description: Dynamic microphone designed for the IC 7800
More info: http://Heil Sound LTD

You can write your own review of the Heil PR 780 Microphone.

KY6R Rating: 5/5 Feb 25, 2007 08:15 Send this review to a friend
FB with Orion II  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Works great with the Orion II - using the Yaesu mic cable.

WU8P Rating: 5/5 Feb 25, 2007 08:09 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic Mic  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I am using the PR 780 with my Kenwood TS 870S. Works just great. Great audio reports. Built like a tank.
As with all the Heil products I have, the 780 is a great product. A class act from the Heil organization.
Keep up the good work.

XE2VOO Rating: 5/5 Apr 6, 2006 15:42 Send this review to a friend
PR 780 AND IC 775DSP EXELENTE !!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
HOY INSTALE MI PR780 CON MI ICOM IC 775DSP ,FUNCIONA EXELENTE,PERFECTA MEZCLA DE FREQUENCIAS ALTAS, MEDIAS Y BAJAS,EXELENTES REPORTES DE AUDIO ME DIERON ALGUNOS AMIGOS RADIOAFICIONADOS,ANTES DE COMPRAR ESTE MICROFONO BOB HEIL ME DIJO POR MEDIO DE UN E-MAIL QUE NO FUNCIONARIA CON MI ICOM IC775DSP,MAS SIN EMBARGO QUISE PROBAR PARA CERCIORARME DE QUE RESPUSTA OBTENDRIA CON ESTE PAR,EN VERDAD DUDE EN UN PRINCIPIO POR LA RECOMENDACION DE BOB,MAS SIN EMBARGO ESTOY MAS QUE CONTENTO CON LA RESPUESTA DE EL PR780 EN CONJUNTO CON MI INCREIBLE IC775DSP,NO SE SI TENGA QUE VER LA GENERACION DE MI RADIO RESPCTO A FUNCIONAR CON EL PR780,MI ICOM IC775DSP ES SERIE #2744 ULTIMA GENERACION DE ESTE MODELO FABRICADO POR ESTA EXELENTE COMPAŅIA QUE ES ICOM,AMIGOS SI USTEDES TIENEN UN IC 775DSP NO DUDEN EN PROBAR COMO YO LO HICE Y VERAN LA EXTRAORDINARIA RESPUESTA DE AUDIO DE ESTE MICROFONO,DESDE MEXICO SU AMIGO OSCAR OCHOA XE2VOO.

KD0ZV Rating: 5/5 Feb 25, 2006 06:27 Send this review to a friend
My best microphone ever  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I have had several microphones over the past 20 years and this is something I won't skimp with on cost.

My "several mikes" includes about 5 Heil mikes which I considered above average but never anything that I would rave about. I bought a new Pro III and decided to try a 780 on a boom. The audio reports I get are outstanding. Guys I ragchew with say I have never sounded so good on any rig. I have not wired anything to the Pro but the 780 with the exception of the factory hand mike which sounded aweful.

So I cant say for sure if the Pro III is contributing to the performance or not. Right now I would not sell this for anything. Its a keeper. I wish I could say the same about the squeeky Heil topless boom I have. I am not happy with it at all. I think the newer ones are bushed at the pivot but this one isnt. Makes all kinds of noise that can be heard in the transmit when you move it.

N6PSE Rating: 5/5 Nov 21, 2005 09:54 Send this review to a friend
Great Mic-Great support  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I decided to give the PR780 a try on my Icom IC-7800 after using the Heil Goldline Pro over this past year. I never got the stellar audio reports from the goldline pro that I expected.

The PR780 is very easy to couple to the IC7800. Heil provides a guide for the settings on the IC7800 that are right on. Right away my friends noticed an improvement in the depth and richness of my audio. I emailed info@heilsound.com with a question and right away Bob Heil returned my message. This is a great Mic from a great company.

Paul de N6PSE

N6PEQ Rating: 5/5 Feb 7, 2005 17:17 Send this review to a friend
Tremendous Audio!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Once again Bob Heil has created a microphone that is a cut above the rest! The PR780 was designed specifically for use with the Icom IC-7800 transceiver to produce exceptional audio. The styling of the microphone matches that of the IC-7800. What I noticed first about the microphone is how heavy it is. It has a nice solid feel, and is built like a tank! I have recevied excellent audio reports with the PR780. The microphone has two audio characteristic settings, so you can choose your preference on the fly. The mic also comes with a polishing cloth, so you can keep your PR780 looking like new. If you are using an Icom IC-7800, I highly recommend using this microphone. Hats off to Bob Heil for a job well done!

W5AKW Rating: 5/5 Nov 28, 2004 05:08 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic microphone  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Over the past several weeks I have had the pleasent opportunity to test a prototype of the new Heil PR780 dynamic element microphone designed to complement the ICOM 7800 radio. What a mic. I use no outboard EQ and reports from hams that know my voice have all said I never sounded better. The mic looks great in the station, matches the professional look of the 7800 and sounds fantastic. Those hams with any of the "Pro" series ICOM radios should consider this product.