Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | Nye Viking KB2 aluminum base plate Help

Reviews Summary for Nye Viking KB2 aluminum base plate
Nye Viking KB2 aluminum base plate Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $17.00
Description: 3"X 5 1/2" X 1/16" aluminum base plate with black crinkle
paint. It has four rubber feet and is made to fit the Speed-X 31X and 32X series keys.

You can write your own review of the Nye Viking KB2 aluminum base plate.

KA0HVE Rating: 5/5 Jul 19, 2013 07:30 Send this review to a friend
Don't let it surprise you.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Don't let it surprise you. It actually works.

Yes, there's not much to it; a thin aluminum plate with two threaded holes 1.5" apart, brass screws to attach your key to the plate, crinkle paint finish, and the 4 feet on the plate. You'll think it's too light weight but those 4 grippy little feet hang on to the glass sheet covering my desk. The key doesn't budge until you pick it up.

I got it last night and attached it to my key. I used it last night and this morning. It works!

It also lowered my key to a more comfortable height. I was using a small but too thick board with my key.

N3RIK Rating: 5/5 May 23, 2008 10:38 Send this review to a friend
Works for Me  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I got mine from Morse Express along with a nice replacement spring for my Speed-x key. My goal in this purchase was to improve the key I already had instead of buying a new one. It was shipped to Me lightning fast, well packaged, with a nice catalog. Now, I was a little skeptical at the light weight of the plate at first like others have commented on....But it sure looked better than the clumsy square of green plastic I was using before, so I put it all together and started using it....After actually using My now rejuvenated key for a short time - I realized it was more than I thought. First off, the key was now at a real comfortable height for My sending posture and form - I might never of figured this out on my own without extensive trial and error. Secondly, My operating position has a glass tabletop built into it. I know this is not typical. The rubber feet work very well for Me on this type of surface. Another point to add to this is with the lighter weight of the base plate, I donít have to worry that much if this key gets dropped on the tabletopís surface. To conclude, this might not be for everyone, but for me it helped inspire Me to learn more about using straight keys from Elmers and old publications. As I learned more it became apparent that this was the perfect thing for Me.....Your milage will probably vary greatly....to each their own! Best regards! N3RIK / SKCC#4062