Reviews Categories | Antenna Switching, Phasing, Controllers | Alpha DAS Digital Antenna Selector Help

Reviews Summary for Alpha DAS Digital Antenna Selector
Alpha DAS Digital Antenna Selector Reviews: 3 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $595
Description: The Digital Antenna Selector (DAS) plugs into the ALPHA 87A RS-232 port and is programmed from the '87A's front panel. The Digital Antenna Selector can handle as many as 36 antennas by driving up to seven 6-way RF relay boxes. One box can feed up to six more, any or all of which may be remoted. It's possible to switch instantly among 6 antennas at each of 6 towers. It's conveniently compatible with virtually any remote antenna selection box that uses relays. When used with an '87A the Digital Antenna Selector "remembers" the most recently programmed selection on each band until you change it. And the DAS is interlocked against hot switching-just patch your T/R relay line through it and you can't accidentally switch antennas with the key down.
More info: http://www.rfconcepts.com/

You can write your own review of the Alpha DAS Digital Antenna Selector.

KJ6YVT Rating: 5/5 Feb 22, 2013 08:39 Send this review to a friend
The Perfect Mate to Your Alpha 87A  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I purchased an Alpha DAS used from RF Concepts, and hooked it up to my Alpha 87A amplifier to automatically select the antenna I have programmed for a particular band. I built my own antenna relay selector box controlled by the DAS. You can view it here: .

Now my computer station-control software, TRX-Manager, automatically tunes the amplifier which selects the proper antenna whenever I tune to a new frequency. Very fast and convenient.

While the DAS does require a control cable (it doesn't send control commands down the coax), its software/firmware interface to the Alpha 87A makes it the antenna selector of choice for me.

N0AZZ Rating: 5/5 Feb 6, 2013 03:21 Send this review to a friend
An Excellent Product Still Today  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Fast forward to 2013 strange but just checked here today after I found a NOS DAS for sale and purchased it to go with my 87A and the WX0B remote tower mounted antenna controller.

The strange part the other post is using the same equipment in 2004 as I'm using now but my controller is a new SIXPAK.

Fred/N0AZZ

WD0M Rating: 5/5 Nov 30, 2004 14:29 Send this review to a friend
Pricey but Excellent  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've used the Alpha DAS with my Alpha 87a for years - it's full of features. It interfaces with the 87a with an RS-232 cable, and connects to your PC, passing information from and allowing remote control of the Alpha 87a.

I use the WXB antenna relay box at the tower, and it's been a great combination. I love the fact that the DAS will remember the antenna selection for the Alpha 87a and automatically switches it correctly, while preventing hot switching. A must have, if you're fortunate enough to have an Alpha 87a.

73, Joe WDM