Reviews Categories | Tools & Test Equipment for the amateur radio work bench | M-Cubed Semiconductor Analyser ver 3.1 Help

Reviews Summary for M-Cubed Semiconductor Analyser ver 3.1
M-Cubed Semiconductor Analyser ver 3.1 Reviews: 5 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $49.95 + options
Description: Don't be fooled by this being a kit - this is a professional grade semiconductor analyzer for the technician, radio amateur and electronics enthusiast at an affordable price!

No more guessing about those house-numbered or unmarked transistors. Automatically and instantly identify type, pin configuration, internal shorts, leakage and other parameters. Verify pin configuration of diodes and LEDs, forward voltage drop and test current measurements as well as junction leakage. Confirm that your device meets manufacturer specifications. Transistors, even from the same manufacturer and batch, can have a wide variation in operational parameters. See the FEATURES page for a complete description of the capabilities of this powerful analyzer.
More info: http://www.m3electronix.com

You can write your own review of the M-Cubed Semiconductor Analyser ver 3.1.

VA7ION Rating: 5/5 Nov 10, 2009 15:23 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding products, outstanding after market support  Time owned: more than 12 months
This review was long overdue: bought every single piece of equipment this company has to offer. Never disappointed, outstanding products, outstanding after market support.

KI8JM Rating: 5/5 Jan 23, 2005 11:28 Send this review to a friend
Amazing value for a great product.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently finished building this semiconductor testor and was very impressed with the quality of the components, especially the circuit board. If you follow the well written instructions the testor will work correctly the first time you try it. If you do any homebrewing at all and have a collection of transistors, diodes, etc. laying around this device will quickly give you the data you need to imcorporate them into your projects. Check out the details at http://www.m3electronix.com/ and you'll see why I am so impressed with this product.

N8XE Rating: 5/5 Jan 16, 2005 17:40 Send this review to a friend
Great kit for a great price  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Dittos from the previous reviews. I built the backlit display version of this kit and it went together very well. If you are starting out kit building, this kit is an excellent first (or second) kit. A very valuable piece of test equipment that should be on every ham's bench.

Good job M3... thanks for a great kit!

Jason N8XE

WA2DGD Rating: 5/5 Dec 19, 2004 13:50 Send this review to a friend
Very useful, easy constuction, works as advertised.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I finished building this kit 2 days ago and am very satisfied. This is an easy few hour project, clear instructions, and nicely silk screened board.
I bought the optional enclosure which I expected to only have the LCD cutout, but to my pleasant surprise, ALL holes were pre drilled, quite a deal for $6.95.
The unit worked first time upon power up, once I turned the LCD contrast pot up enough to read the display. Calibration is very simple and no additional tools are required.
I opened up my little collection of transistors and the Analyser took only seconds to identify the component and display the tested parameters.
This Semiconductor Analyser performs exactly as described on their website.
I feel this product is an excellent value for the price.

KI8JQ Rating: 5/5 Dec 1, 2004 17:35 Send this review to a friend
A "MUST-HAVE" for the test bench  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recieved this kit earlier this week and I must say that I'm impressed. The circuit board and components are all first-rate. My soldering skills are about average, and the kit went together easily in about 2 hours. The instructions are clear and easy to read. I had absolutely no problems in assembling the analyser.
In my correspondence with Mike and Mike from M-Cubed, they informed me about the newly upgraded kit with the version 3.1 firmware. It's my understanding that version 3.1 does approximately twice as much as what the version 2.0 firmware did. (if you have version 2.0, contact M-Cubed for upgrade info.) If you go to the M-Cubed website, they can explain the features more accurately than I can. Suffice it to say that this is an IMPRESSIVE piece of test equipment. Once you get it built, you probably won't set it down for a while....