Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Directional (Yagi, quad, etc.) | TRIDENT TA6M7LDX Help

Reviews Summary for TRIDENT TA6M7LDX
TRIDENT TA6M7LDX Reviews: 2 Average rating: 2.0/5 MSRP: $249.00 uk pounds
Description: TRIDENT TA6M7LDX 7 ELEMENT for 50 Mhz band.
More info: http://www.tridentantennas.co.uk

You can write your own review of the TRIDENT TA6M7LDX.

GM7PBB Rating: 2/5 Jan 13, 2005 14:35 Send this review to a friend
Bent !  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Well after the Hurricane force winds of the 11th Jan 02 the Trident TA6M7LDX has come to an end, it is now Bent (big style) the winds got up to around 124mph and this Yagi is good for 118mph, most Yagis will go over there limit to a degree!!! Anyway this Yagi has lasted all of 4 months in the air and most of that time had been spent fixing the mast clamp. Will be looking at M2 Yagis again I think, ZX Yagi has been the best yet but they only do up to 6 element for 50 Mhz (shame). I will not be tring to repair the Trident as I have waisted enough of my time with this yagi. Not everyone lives in a green house where there is no wind!!! may be most Yagis would have not made it throught 124mph but my old ZX yagi got through 125mph a few years back.

Right better get this damn thing off my tower and on the scrap heap.

All the best in 2005.

John GM7PBB

GM7PBB Rating: 2/5 Dec 8, 2004 05:37 Send this review to a friend
Ok for indoor use.....lol  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Were to start first, I bought the Trident TA6M7LDX in August then after installing the tower I got round to erecting the Trident TA6M7LDX in October. All the parts looked ok apart from the element clamp nuts and bolts which looked like the came out of a Meccarno set!

I got the Trident TA6M7LDX built up in just over a hour and then checked it over, still thinking to myself "this will never last in this location (IO68)" we raised the Trident TA6M7LDX up the tower and set about fixing it to the 2" mast, this went ok and everything looked good from the top and from the ground.

Next day we had a gale force 8 wind (39 - 46mph) which is nothing for this location but it was enough to turn the Trident TA6M7LDX on the mast, so I thought "maybe I had not tightened the Mast clamp U-bolts enough. Off up the tower to check and re align the Trident TA6M7LDX only to find that the clamp was very tight, so I aligned the Trident TA6M7LDX up again and tightened the mast clamp yet again.

Next gale which was a gale force 8/9 ( upto 55mph) the trident TA6M7LDX turned its self again, I went back up after the gale and checked the clamp only to find the U-bolt shoe (very tinny) had started to bend in on its self which meant there was nothing biting into the 2" mast to stop it turn by its self. It has done this several times now.

I have plenty of mast clamps which will over come the problem and will be installing a different and more substantial one than what came with the Trident TA6M7LDX . I have been on the phone to Nevada (www.nevadaradio.co.uk)where I bought it from and who are in partnership with Chelcom over the built of Trident Antennas, I have called 4 times over the past month or so to try and resolve this but never get a call back. This Trident TA6M7LDX is not suitable for windy locations and should not be made out it can withstand heavy winds, they say it will withstand 118mhp, that a joke.

I had two ZX yagi 6 elements up for 2 year for 50Mhz and never did any of them spin round the mast as this excuse for a yagi does. I also find the ZX 6 element far more better on Rx and the back rejection is no where near as good as the ZX. I thought I would try a Trident TA6M7LDX but I am very disappointed to say the least.

I have just called Nevada (8 Dec 2004) again and again I am waiting for a call back, I know the problem is easy to put right but that is not the point, I expect a Yagi that works and will stay where I mount it for 250 and a little bit of customer care.