Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Portable (not mobile) | CN32 Verticale Help

Description: Verticale antenna portable
QRP-150watt
www.hamantenna.com
More info: http://www.hamantenna.com/html/cn32vsite.html

You can write your own review of the CN32 Verticale.

KB1BBY Rating: 5/5 Feb 13, 2012 01:03 Send this review to a friend
Well engineered  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is a very simple, easy-to-use antenna. It's more than durable enough for all practical purposes. Tunes all the bands claimed by the designer/builder/seller without the need for a tuner....which is the only way I will roll with QRP, where there is no margin for loss. I clamp mine onto the driver side mirror bracket of my Peterbilt diesel semi and have a BLAST with it. I use it in this manner ONLY WHEN PARKED and the truck provides the perfect ground/counterpoise...no fuss, no muss. If you rate this fine antenna poorly, based upon your inability to figure out how it works, YOU SHOULD NOT HAVE A FLIPPIN' HAM RADIO LICENSE!! Buy a book on basic antenna design, get a cheap digital multimeter and probe this versatile antenna point-to-point, using the continuity mode. The CN32 vertical gets a total THUMBS UP from this 20+ year ham!

KD0BGZ Rating: 4/5 Apr 23, 2010 13:51 Send this review to a friend
Pretty good for what it is :)  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Three questions: Can't we just screw in a longer whip to extend the 1:1 ratio into the cw portion of 40m? Can't the maker provide some literature? Why does it take three weeks to get the thing? Other than those questions I have no problems with this antenna. It is not rugged and bulletproof, but I don't own a beastly antenna that lives up to that. It pleased the analyzer right on the back porch, clamped to a steel chair. I threw out 4 ground counterpoise wires and started moving the clip around. Shebang.

I bought this antenna for portable park bench ops and I think it will do just fine. It seems to take more time to set up than an endfed wire, but winds up being about the same if you try to maximize either system with grounding wires. Those wires will take up a few minutes, but all-in-all..... this one seems to have a low angled 360 lobe like it should..... and it weighs practically nothing. Spend more time putting out more wires and a solar/battery set-up and your in business for who knows how long.

Don't put this thing on your car though. It does not look like it can take it. Take the time to walk out some wires and put tape next to the clip notches on the coil. Borrow an analyzer and put little cheater marks on the coil. Pack it up and bring a sandwich. At a different location, set it back up and recheck with the analyzer. Your all good now. I have not put over 100WTTS through this thing either (usually sitting close to it, and operating portable) and I would not try.

The voices in my head are telling me to buy a longer whip and recheck it with the analyzer so I can get on 40m CW. But whatever. This thing is pretty cool. 73 KD0BGZ

K0LSR Rating: 3/5 Jul 17, 2005 16:43 Send this review to a friend
Well constructed, lacks any sort of instructions.  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I bought this antenna with the hope of using it when on vacation - hotel balconies, etc. It is well made and seems to be generally of good quality. However, I am something of a beginner and would have liked to have some sort of guidelines as to how the clip and wire position on the coil correlated to different ham bands. So, while the antenna is well made, it offers no documentation.

VE2KH Rating: 5/5 Apr 21, 2005 07:09 Send this review to a friend
Very Nice and Good Guality Antenna  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I used the CN32 vertical this winter when I was in my fishing hot on the froozen lake and I had very good result with this antenna, install on a braket near the top of my Fishing house about 6 feets hight A lot a good QSO on 40 meters in QRP using the Yeasu Ft 817 and also on 20 meters with very good report on Africa and Europeen Station.The antenna is very easy for transport as is broket in 3 pieces and the material and coil is very well done. I also used the antenna on my snowmobile not in motion but was able to work many good Dx. If your a looking for a very good well made and not much expensive give a try.
VE2KH Jean Paul