Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | Antenex CWB4405C Wideband UHF Antenna Help

Reviews Summary for Antenex CWB4405C Wideband UHF Antenna
Antenex CWB4405C Wideband UHF Antenna Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $49.99 @ AES (12/04)
Description: Antenex "Genesis" series antenna offers 5dB gain and flat SWR between 440 and 470MHz. It is 35.5" tall with a closed collinear coil at its center. The antenna has a built-in tuning circuit at its base which eliminates the need for tuning. The rod is removable at base for going through carwashes. The antenna has a gold-plated push pin contact for better power transfer and a O-ring at the coil bottom for better moisture seal.
More info: http://www.antenex.com/c_search.asp?txtFunction=browse2&selFamily=GEN&txtSubFamily=UHF+WIDEBAND+5+dB+MODELS

You can write your own review of the Antenex CWB4405C Wideband UHF Antenna.

W8DEC Rating: 5/5 Jul 12, 2008 11:52 Send this review to a friend
Great Antenna  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
This is a nice antenna. NO TUNING REQUIRED! I mounted it to the front driver's side fender on my Ford Ranger using the Antenex MB8PST and the Larsen TMB34. Great reception and I've gotten great audio reports.

I then moved it from truck to the car using an Antenex TM8PST mounted to the top of the trunk lid near the rear window. Performance is about the same with no change in signal/audio reports.

I recommend this antenna to everyone. NO TUNING REQUIRED!

73 de Matt KB1LCS
District Emergency Coordinator
OH ARES - District 10

AB0RE Rating: 5/5 Dec 11, 2004 16:34 Send this review to a friend
Perfect HAM/GMRS solution!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have both a ham and GMRS license and was looking for a solution that would allow me to transmit on both sets of frequencies with only one antenna. One can use a 1/4 wave whip on UHF with acceptable SWR over a broad range of frequencies, but I was looking for something with a bit more gain. I was pleasantly surprised when I stumbled upon the CWB4405C from Antenex.

I previously used this antenna on a trunk-lip mount hooked to my IC-F221 mobile radio. It looked great and performed well then. Recently, I moved it inside and mounted it on a 16" x 23" metal plate (it is an NMO mount antenna). One of the 440 repeaters in the area went from an S1 or S2 on a J-pole to a solid S4 with the CWB4405C.

The Antenex literature rates the VSWR was "2.0:1 or better across band", so I was a bit skeptical about how well the tuning circuit actually does. I measured SWR at both 446MHz and 462.575MHz and was amazed to find there was almost no movement of the needle in the reflected power setting (SWR < 1.1:1).

This antenna is built well, looks nice, performs efficiently, and provides a nice low SWR to your radio. I'd highly recommend this antenna to anybody needing one antenna for both ham and GMRS/Business use.

Dan / ABěRE