Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Portable (not mobile) | No counterpoise Antenna System Help

Reviews Summary for No counterpoise Antenna System
No counterpoise Antenna System Reviews: 17 Average rating: 4.3/5 MSRP: $Aprox. $20.00
Description: Highly portable, easily deployable, highly efficient. No ground coupling.
More info: http://stores.ebay.com/The-Bell-Imel-Group-LLC_W0QQsspagenameZl2QQtZkm

You can write your own review of the No counterpoise Antenna System.

AC6XA Rating: 5/5 Jul 5, 2005 07:34 Send this review to a friend
Great  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is a very handy antenna with good performance. I use it with my Elecraft K1 with internal antenna tuner and it tunes to at most 1.2:1 on 40, 30, 20, and 15m (usually better). I've worked JA, V7, FO, and others at 5 watts in the short amount of time I've had it.

I run the antenna out my sliding glass door, across the balcony, up over a bird feeder, across to a tree branch, and then it drops down to about 10 feet from the ground. Quite a zig-zag, but it still works. Very easily pulled in when not operating.

It's well constructed and certainly worth the price.

KF6GOM Rating: 5/5 Apr 27, 2005 21:54 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic Results  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
using this antenna on a Icom 718 and Yaesu 817.Very easy to set up and wire and connectors are of great Quality.For $19.99 its receives and Transmits with a very low SWR on 40-10 Meters 1.2 Measured.Tunes very well with a LDG Z-100 Tuner.Will recommend To all.

KC8UFI Rating: 5/5 Apr 27, 2005 11:25 Send this review to a friend
Good Product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Antenna works as advertised. I use it off the back deck as an inverted L. Nice and portable. Good customer service. If you need a portable no hassle wire antenna this is a good choice.

AB7JK Rating: 4/5 Apr 22, 2005 22:40 Send this review to a friend
Works well  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I cut this antenna to use on the higher bands, 20 - 10 meters since I didn't have the height for a 50 foot wire. I cut it to 33 foot radiator and 16 foot ground length but it did not work well on 20 meters. Ater speaking to customer service who were very helpful, I cut it to 24 foot radiator and 12 foot ground. Now I am able to make routine DX contacts on 20 and 15 meters using digital modes. I am quite pleased!

HB9LEK Rating: 5/5 Feb 6, 2005 06:45 Send this review to a friend
nice piece of equipment  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Currently using it as back-up indoor antenna under the roof. Performing equal to my FD-3 windom installed outside along the walls of my house. Can easily be tuned to SWR below 1.5 with my MFJ-948 to all HF-bands (10m-160m). Low profile and good quality wires incl. connectors. Can only recommend this investement of some $30 (incl. shipping) as couldn't have built it myself in the same quality!

KENNETH Rating: 4/5 Jan 20, 2005 14:23 Send this review to a friend
Good end fed antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Apartment dwellers this is easy to string up. For 20 bucks I thought I would give it a try. Itís built sturdy and I agree, the customer service is great. Just look at this guys ebay feedback. Anyway, I live in an apartment. I strung it out my window and up in a tree. I could tune 10m 12m 40m 75/80m. I was touching a few branches and the window frame so the other bands would not tune. My contacts were coast to coast on 40 meters SSB QRP, From Oregon to Florida at night. So for the customer service, price point and it works as described, I rate this antenna a four. I think others will find this useful to keep in your car or RV for camping or for apartment dwellers, like myself. Its end fed thus, is very fast to string up with one fishing line.

A final note, this person also sells other antennas so check out his ebay store. I Also bought a vertical wire reel antenna form them.

KF6MPD Rating: 4/5 Dec 12, 2004 09:45 Send this review to a friend
Impressed!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Ok I am impressed! This antenna really does work as advertised. Basically it is a simple Zepp antenna 50 ft long made from twinlead. I could have made it for a few dollars but for the aprox $20.00 price I not only saved time but the construction is better than what I would have ended up with and I love the connectors he uses.

I installed it at my appartment by running it through the sliding door with a roll of electrical tape as an insulator to keep from touching the frame. I put it up a tree aprox 30 ft just outside the door. This keeps it off the ground and by keeping a length of fishing line over the tree I can set up or take down in less than 5 minutes.

Once connected direcly to my Icom 703 with a bannana plug for the radiator and lug for the ground side I was on the air. The built in tuner in the 703 easily handled the upper part of 75 mtrs, all of 40, 20, and 15 mtrs, and the upper half of 10 mtrs. An external tuner was able to fill in the rest. My initial contacts were made on 40 mtrs in the late afternoon. If I could hear it I could talk to it with 10 watts SSB.

I've been playing with wire antennas for years and highly recommend this antenna. It's performance is as good as anything I have used and considerably better than my multiband vertical (with a poor ground). The product is marketed on eBay and the link to the sellers store is http://stores.ebay.com/The-Bell-Imel-Group-LLC_W0QQsspagenameZl2QQtZkm .

One other plus...
The customer service was exceptional. I had a problem with the transaction that was not the fault of the seller. He responded with very fast communications and an immediate solution. These days great customer service really impresses me.