Reviews Categories | Transceivers: VHF/UHF+ Amateur Base/Mobile (non hand-held) | Yaesu FT-7800E Help

Reviews Summary for Yaesu FT-7800E
Yaesu FT-7800E Reviews: 22 Average rating: 4.5/5 MSRP: $270
Description: V/U mobile

You can write your own review of the Yaesu FT-7800E.

CT2FPE Rating: 5/5 Apr 24, 2008 15:04 Send this review to a friend
Nice 7800  Time owned: more than 12 months
One of the best radios Yaesu made for V/Uhf.
The panel is generous with all the info we need, the mic has DTMF and light, several programable keys, a good detache with the mic plug on the front panel. Good modulation and nice receive.

DJ0ABR Rating: 5/5 Apr 17, 2008 13:00 Send this review to a friend
good value for the money  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought my first one to build an echo link station. This works really well, the FT-7800e does a very good job. I bought a second one for my car. It is easy to handle, has a good user interface which is important for mobile usage. It is one of the cheapest mobile doubanders on the market and its absolutely worth the money.

At a high gain yagi antenna the selectivity is not good enough for 12,5 kHz channel interval. But for mobile usage, what the FT-7800e is made for, its the best rig I have used.

CT2IPG Rating: 5/5 Mar 13, 2008 14:42 Send this review to a friend
the best rig to use in mobile  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
i have buyed my 7800e a month ago in 2nd. hand to put in my car.
so far, i like it, very easy to program, to handle and have a very good receive sensibility. the modulation is very good and have the ptt connected directly to the front panel to make the install in the car very easy. i have the body inside the glove compartment and the control panel in the front of my syght. i'll give it a 5!!!

M1EZF Rating: 5/5 Oct 27, 2006 08:15 Send this review to a friend
Nice cheap radio  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was after a cheap 2 Metre FM radio and I ended up buying this great little dual bander. It is very simple to use and I was soon testing it on air.

After a few contacts everyone commented on how natural my audio sounded. I was also impressed by how good everyone else sounded.

Seeing as I just parted with my Yaesu 100D I was expecting to be a little dissapointed by down grading to a budget rig but that is not the case.

Im happy, nice one Yaesu.

M0DPX Rating: 5/5 Aug 30, 2006 00:42 Send this review to a friend
Value for money  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Fantastic little radio, i have had no problems programing it, the rx audio is crystal clear as is the tx audio.This radio is not full of BELLS AND WHISTLES,it is a good mobile radio easy to use.i live very close to (2) comms mast loaded up with all the usual PUBLIC SERVICE ANNTENNA'S and i get no breakthrough whatsoever.In all the ft7800 is a good value for money basic 2/70 radio. Well done YAESU..

2E0OPB Rating: 5/5 Jun 8, 2006 09:08 Send this review to a friend
Love it to bits !  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had this nice little radio 2 years now and I am really impressed with it and would recommend it to anyone.
When I purchased it, I was a new M3 at the time, and I wanted something simple, cheap that worked, prefibly with 70cm on as well as 2.
Whilst reading the manual, I was quite suprised at the features available, so really, I'd say that you get a lot for your money. Now, I know my radio really well.
The fact that you can only monitor one frequency does'nt really bother me.
Its been to quite a few places in it short life time...Scarborough,Harwich,Pennines..etc
It's been in my backpack in just about every weather. - My point is, its survived ! !

Even as a 2E0, I'm still happy with the this in control of 2/70cm - it does 50watts so I'm happy!
When there was some recent tropo, I happily spoke in to Germany and Holland, so what more could you want!

2M0GOV Rating: 5/5 May 27, 2006 23:26 Send this review to a friend
Superb Value for Money  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've owned this radio for more than 18 months and use it almost daily for mobile use... I also use it in the shack from time to time and I can't understand why people say it's difficult to use!! What's the problem?? It has a great receiver, (and I drive in cities every day) very easy to use, doesn't have too many unrequired functions, menu system is alphabetical, everything that NEEDS to be on the display is on it!! This is an easy to use, good all round dual band fm tranceiver with wide band receive. Well done Yaesu for another good one!! Those of you who think it's too difficult to use... buy a 290... (which is also a superb radio) or try to catch up... welcome to the 21st Century!!

M0PTT Rating: 5/5 Mar 25, 2006 14:31 Send this review to a friend
A DODDLE!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I cant see how this radio is difficult to use??
it took 15mins to read all i needed to know to work it with my eyes closed, i found it an exc radio and very good value! Highly recommended.

DG7JX Rating: 2/5 Jan 2, 2006 01:15 Send this review to a friend
Poor  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
The FT-7800E (or R) is a cheap TRX with good receiver and transmitter, but has many problems with the user interface. The main dial is sluggish and unsteady, which is extremely annoying! You can't use the FT-7800 without the manual - too complicated. Sold it on ebay...

M0SSO Rating: 4/5 Apr 14, 2005 03:55 Send this review to a friend
Cheap, Basic, But very Good  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
The FT7800 is just what I wanted in a 2m/70cm mobile transceiver. At a little over 200 (W&S Feb 2005), including the remote head mounting kit, power lead & DTMF mic(all new) it's a good deal and performs well beyond what the price would suggest. The menu system is very easy to operate and within two hours I had the radio fitted in my vehicle, up and running & with all my local repeaters and favorite frequencies programmed in. It's not an all singing all dancing unit, but thats not a bad thing in a mobile TRX. It has a clear easy to read display and the 5 programme buttons are a great idea making it possible to select different bands/frequencies at a single touch of a button. RX & TX is very good and I've had no problems with break through from pagers etc. There are radios out there that have more bells and whistles but you'll pay for it which is a waste if you don't need them. If you want good, cheap, basic, reliable, VHF/UHF comms then this radio could be the one for you. A feature I like is that when detatch the facia, the mic comes away with it also. GOOD VALUE & WORTH HAVING!