Reviews Categories | Antenna Tuners | Advanced Electronic Applications AT-300 tuner Help

Reviews Summary for Advanced Electronic Applications AT-300 tuner
Advanced Electronic Applications AT-300 tuner Reviews: 7 Average rating: 3.0/5 MSRP: $199.95
Description: 300 Watt antenna tuner.
Settings and connections for: Two coax inputs with tuned
or direct switching, dummy load, and balanced antenna.
Dual read forward and reflected Wattmeter and SWR meter, uses 12V power supply to light. 30, 300 watt settings. Transmitter, Antenna, and Reactance adjustments. Approximately 6" H x 12" W x 12"

You can write your own review of the Advanced Electronic Applications AT-300 tuner.

ZS1SA Rating: 5/5 May 9, 2014 13:42 Send this review to a friend
If it won't tune, replace the diodes  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had this tuner for 25 years, a quarter century of excellent service. The only time I had a problem with this 300 watt tuner is when I tried to use it with my KW amplifier. It tuned fine for a short time then the RF sensor diodes blew. Replacing the two cheap 50 cent diodes allowed the meters to read correctly again and I could tune the antenna system once more. The RF section will take the KW, but the SWR/Power measuring section can't. Check your diodes before condemning the tuner, that may be all that is wrong with it.

2E0TZM Rating: 0/5 Mar 30, 2012 02:58 Send this review to a friend
The Worst  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Paid 30 for this piece of junk off ebay it will not tune anything wish i had read the reviews before buying.

N0IHM Rating: 5/5 Jan 30, 2012 10:05 Send this review to a friend
Great tuner  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought this tuner back in the early 90's for my trap 80-10 dipole. I could always tune it for 1.5:1 or less, and marked the settings down for future use. It gave me no problems, and I liked the cross needle meter. It does only 80 thru 10, and not 160, but my old TS530sp liked it. Large case, and High Q. No loose fittings on mine at all. Great tuner for me.

N7SO Rating: 5/5 Dec 26, 2011 12:48 Send this review to a friend
Works well for me  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought this used quite a few years ago and it continues to serve me well. I've used it with a 55' inverted-V low above a one-story townhome roof, and now with a 140' inverted-V up 38 feet-- both fed with ladder-line. I have had no trouble tuning the former from 40 - 10 meters, and the latter from 80 - 10 meters. There just have been no issues with it. I was previously using an MFJ-948 for which I had to build a much beefier internal balun to make it work properly (and not heat up) with my 55-footer; the AEA experienced no such issues. It's just too bad it's not designed to work on 160 meters.

2E0TZM Rating: 0/5 Jul 30, 2010 10:21 Send this review to a friend
The Worst  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Picked up at a bring and buy as new in box thought i had made a good find but its the worst tuner i have ever used it won`t tune anything right, another person below said his won`t tune anything it must be wired wrong i would say its down to poor components and build another 35 down the drain.

W5WAA Rating: 5/5 May 8, 2009 17:44 Send this review to a friend
Nice Tuner  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Have been using one of these about a year, no problems. Tunes my Cobra antenna and the G5RV with no problems. I like the detents on the 18 position inductor selectors, gives you almost as many choices as a roller inductor. The MFJ-949 has only 12 inductor tuning positions, so the AT-300 has 50% more postitions. The lighted 2 1/2" wide swr dual needle meter is easy to read. Ran it at up to 350 watts with no problems. The antenns connectors on the rear have large insulators for a balanced line. With tuners running close to the $200 mark if you can find one of these used it is a good buy.

VE7IT Rating: 1/5 Dec 20, 2004 21:08 Send this review to a friend
waste of money  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I bought this tuner second hand and it was in mint condition. I dont know what is up with it. It has a very poor tuning range. In fact. it has no luck tuning a 80 full wave loop or helping on a 5 band vertical. I have not been able to find a wiring diagram. I suspect it must be wired up wrong internally as it doesnt tune any antennas I am using. This tuner has 2 switched coils and one variable capacitor. I would love to have this tuner work... anyone else have any luck? Mine is destined for the next swap and shop.