Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Other than logging | Encarta World Atlas for the PC Help

Reviews Summary for Encarta World Atlas for the PC
Encarta World Atlas for the PC Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $70
Description: The level of detail in Encarta World Atlas is truly extraordinary. Our maps show almost 1.8 million places –more than any atlas ever created. If all of these places were displayed on a physical globe, it would measure more than 40 meters in diameter!
More info: http://www.microsoft.com/products/encarta/ProductDetails.aspx?pid=004

You can write your own review of the Encarta World Atlas for the PC.

WZ7I Rating: 5/5 Dec 23, 2004 14:13 Send this review to a friend
Very valuable, makes my QSOs far more interesting  Time owned: more than 12 months
This Microsoft atlas is amazingly comprehensive. When I first receive the QTH of the other station, I type it into the search box of this atlas, click on the right choice of the several the search brings up, and immediately have his QTH on a detailed map which I can easily zoom.

This morning I spent several hours working European stations on RTTY and I had a wonderful time talking about local geography and history with several of the stations but probably none of that would have happened without being able to instantly bring up these maps. I value this CD almost as much as my logging program.

I use the 2000 version which I purchased separately but I think Microsoft only sells the current version as a part of the 5 CD Encarta Reference Library Premium 2005 package for $70. Note that the Standard and Deluxe Encarta packages do not include the Atlas. However, I find the 2003 package available for purchase on eBay at $10.