Reviews Categories | Ham Shack Clocks | MFJ-121 / 121B Help

Reviews Summary for MFJ-121 / 121B
Reviews: 23 Average rating: 3.1/5 MSRP: $69.95
Description: Large Display, Dual-Time LCD Atomic Clock for wall mounting or table top. Read both UTC and local time at-a-glance with the MFJ-121 dual atomic clock that displays 24/12 hour time simultaneously.
It's fully automatic! Just install batteries and tell it what time zone.... it actually synchronizes itself to the exact time daily.
It tunes into the radio signal emitted by the US Atomic Clock in Ft. Collins, Colorado to give you precise and reliable time. It receives automatic daily updates from the US Department of Commerce's National Institute of Standards and Technology.
Mounted in a handsome hard plastic frame, the MFJ-121 features HUGE, easy-to-see 2 inch tall by 1 1/2 wide LCD numerals and seconds display that makes it easy-to-read from across the room.
Mounts on wall or Desk mount. Perfect for the shack, emergency office or professional office.
More info: http://www.mfjenterprises.com/products.php?prodid=MFJ-121

You can write your own review of the MFJ-121 / 121B.

KB6G Rating: 4/5 Mar 20, 2017 18:07 Send this review to a friend
Nice Clock  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I bought this clock Sept 2016 and set it up manually which worked OK. I just decided to try setting it up using the WWV radio feature. I read the instructions and found them a little confusing but after removing the 2 sets of batteries and putting new ones in after 1 minute, both clocks starting running, but at 0 hours. I pushed the set button and within a few minutes the top clock came up with DST for the west coast and was dead on! I then noticed the lower clock was off, so I pushed the time zone button for the lower clock and continued to push it until the time matched UTC.

Both clocks synced to the correct time. I did bring the clock upstairs to a higher location than my shack on the first floor. I also had to rotate the clock until the signal indicator reached a max. I will update this review in a couple of months and if it continues working, will raise the rating. I own several MJF products and feel they sometimes get a raw rating as if they had a lot of competition; which they don't. Overall I feel they do a good job.

AG7EZ Rating: 0/5 Dec 13, 2016 20:00 Send this review to a friend
Don't waste batteries on this piece of MFJ  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had this clock for a couple of years. It has never worked very well. If I fiddle with it for a half an hour I can get it to function poorly. It will keep time for a few weeks, then time to start with the frustration once again. BTW, the backlight never did work. It's going into the trash tonight with some other MFJ. I'm done with MFJ.

K0UM Rating: 0/5 Jan 2, 2016 16:25 Send this review to a friend
Ridiculous  Time owned: more than 12 months
My wife bought this for my birthday. Several digits went out. Sent back to MFJ for a replacement and waited OVER A YEAR for a new one. Several digits quickly went out again. Threw it away. See the other reviews and then decide if you want to throw away your money too.

KB4JKL Rating: 0/5 Nov 21, 2015 09:20 Send this review to a friend
Terrible  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
This clock worked for 11 months. It had the well noted missing segments in the LCD numbers. I notified MFJ customer service who wanted pictures of the clock with the missing segments. I have sent multiple emails with these pictures with no response as well as phone calls that unfortunately went no where. I bought a Clock at Office Depot. They don't call MFJ "Mighty Fine Junk" for nothing. It has earned the name with products like this.

WZ1U Rating: 2/5 Sep 13, 2015 14:22 Send this review to a friend
Total Junk and a waste of money !  Time owned: more than 12 months
My 3rd unit just started with the display issue again...New batteries don't make a difference...If you get 2 years out of it your lucky....Stay away from this unit and save your money....That's why MFJ is called Mighty Fine Junk....

KC6RCM Rating: 1/5 Sep 29, 2014 22:22 Send this review to a friend
Junk.  Time owned: more than 12 months
Same fading/missing display issues as the previous four reviews. As already mentioned, new batteries has no effect on the missing segments. Five reviews in a row with the same issue... junk.

VE2LXR Rating: 1/5 Jun 3, 2014 21:21 Send this review to a friend
Works only during warranty period  Time owned: more than 12 months
Warning save your money do not buy this clock.
Clock works OK during the warranty period, but the displays looses segments to the point of being unreadable after warranty period ends.
New batteries has no effect on the missing segments.
Louis VE2LXR

N4RHC Rating: 2/5 May 29, 2014 16:36 Send this review to a friend
Fails after warranty period  Time owned: more than 12 months
Clock works great during the warranty period, but the displays start to fade after warranty period ends. I have owned two of these clocks and the fading happened to both clocks. Changing batteries has no effect on the fading.

W6OU Rating: 2/5 Mar 7, 2014 17:50 Send this review to a friend
Segments fade  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is a great clock when new but after a few years some of the display segments fade away. I've experienced this fading a while ago in another MFJ clock.

W2EVU Rating: 2/5 Jun 5, 2012 07:52 Send this review to a friend
Has problems  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I bought a MFJ-121B clock. I live in upstate New York. This clock had problems syncing with WWV. Then several of the numeral segments went out. I returned the clock and they sent me a new one. The new one still wouldn't sync and now several of the segments have gone out again.