Reviews Categories | Ham Shack Clocks | MFJ-121 / 121B Help

Reviews Summary for MFJ-121 / 121B
Reviews: 23 Average rating: 3.1/5 MSRP: $69.95
Description: Large Display, Dual-Time LCD Atomic Clock for wall mounting or table top. Read both UTC and local time at-a-glance with the MFJ-121 dual atomic clock that displays 24/12 hour time simultaneously.
It's fully automatic! Just install batteries and tell it what time zone.... it actually synchronizes itself to the exact time daily.
It tunes into the radio signal emitted by the US Atomic Clock in Ft. Collins, Colorado to give you precise and reliable time. It receives automatic daily updates from the US Department of Commerce's National Institute of Standards and Technology.
Mounted in a handsome hard plastic frame, the MFJ-121 features HUGE, easy-to-see 2 inch tall by 1 1/2 wide LCD numerals and seconds display that makes it easy-to-read from across the room.
Mounts on wall or Desk mount. Perfect for the shack, emergency office or professional office.
More info: http://www.mfjenterprises.com/products.php?prodid=MFJ-121

You can write your own review of the MFJ-121 / 121B.

VE2CU Rating: 5/5 Apr 14, 2006 10:11 Send this review to a friend
An MFJ Product that works...Finally!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Ordered this clock from MFJ about 7 months ago and delivery was quite prompt to Montreal. Make no mistake, it's BIG: Measures 10 1/2" Wide by 8" Tall, with huge LCD numerals. One could'nt miss it across a room. Once the 2 AAA batteries were in place, adjusted both times Eastern Standard and UTC and hung it to the wall, facing the rig. Bear in mind that our time standard comes from Ottawa Ont. The following day, both times were in sync and right on the money. Time recycles every night so that it's right on every day. Lately, the clock recycled automatically to Daylight Saving and still works flawlessly. All I can say, finally, a great piece of workmanship and good value from MFJ. I strongly recommend. Set it, forget it and enjoy. 73's, Michel

K0MYW Rating: 4/5 Jan 10, 2006 15:40 Send this review to a friend
Lives up to promise  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
MFJ wasn't on my radar when I started looking for an "atomic" clock for the hamshack because years ago I was sorely disappointed after buying an MFJ "dual 12/24" model that featured two tiny clocks that kept lousy time individually and weren't synchronized to one another. But then at a hamfest I saw this model and decided to ask "Santa" for one for Christmas. It's rather pricey, and it suffers from lack of illumination. But it does its basic job in FB style: It locks onto the WWV time signal, and the two clocks sync perfectly with one another. As promised, I can see local time and UTC time at a glance (provided there is sufficient light in the room).

N2KEN Rating: 5/5 Dec 24, 2004 08:56 Send this review to a friend
Better than expected  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I own my share of troublesome MFJ products and this is somewhat of an anomoly.

I saw this clock across the room in a friend's shack and instantly liked the large 2" tall, bold LCD display. We tuned to WWV and sure enough it was perfectly in synch with the time mark. I bought one the next day ($65), adjusted the time display to my preference - 12-hour AM/PM local format on top and 24-hr UTC on the bottom. I tested the WWV signal - fine, and set it on my shack wall in the basement. It has a signal strength indicator to test the location prior to mounting. The next morning the time was perfectly synchronized with WWV and has been for the past week. It synchronizes nightly at about midnight and the local/UTC displays are about 1/2 second out of step for several minutes as it adjustments itself. Slightly annoying, but acceptable to me. Otherwise, the seconds tick simultaneously.

The clock is very easy to set-up and looks impressive on the wall. Very easy to read - good contrast, but not backlit so it needs moderate room light. No problem with typical ambient lighting. It's study and attractive - pulls in the WWV signal at my location in NYC just fine. More products of this better quality standard would be welcommed from MFJ - nice job, Martin!
Ken, N2KEN