Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | Kent - II Help

Reviews Summary for Kent - II
Kent - II Reviews: 8 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $98.98
Description: Straight Morse Key and Iambic Paddle Key * Manufactured in Brass * High quality Kent product * Silver contacts * Ball race on paddle key * Separate adjustments on both * Two leads * Heavy metal base in black * Size of base 150 x 98mm * Weight 1.850kg
More info: http://www.kent-engineers.com/dualkey.htm

You can write your own review of the Kent - II.

KI4DGH Rating: 5/5 May 31, 2006 18:06 Send this review to a friend
Great Key and Paddle  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I received my Kent II key and paddle combination for Christmas 2005. The key and the paddle have an excellent feel. I also had some initial problems with the straight key sticking, however I cleaned the contacts with Deoxit and it has worked flawlessly since.

KD1E Rating: 3/5 Jan 24, 2006 13:22 Send this review to a friend
Almost great.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Paddles great, straight key - lousy.

I have the Kent paddles - love them. Wanted to have the same experience with a straight key. Sorry, not here. The straight key is absolutely stable with no side to side play and has a great action - until you hook it up to a rig. With the gap set small, the key will sometimes stick on Daaaaaaaaaaaaah. The gap has to be widened so much that the key is terrible to use. Too bad, it had so much promise. I never even hooked up the paddles. Sold the key the day after I received it.

- Keith -

K1LNL Rating: 5/5 Apr 27, 2005 10:33 Send this review to a friend
Great feel and doesn't move around  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The Kent Two has a great feel and is easily adjusted. The extra size of the base to allow for the hand key, gives it extra weight and it really does not move around on the desk like all my other keys. It is only slightly larger than other keys and doesn't take up much space.

The cables are unshielded so I replaced them which took a couple hours to do right. They should really be shielded.

KD7T Rating: 5/5 Jan 25, 2005 18:14 Send this review to a friend
What a Bargain!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
As others have reported here, this combination of the Kent Paddles & key on a common base is a great bargain.

The quality of the Kent-Two is very high & the adjustments are quite easy. This combination has become my favorite & has become the owner of my operating desk space with all my other keys & paddles relegated to display in my shack.

Delivery was six days from time of order & arrived in perfect condition.

Jump on this one while they're still available!

K3TLP Rating: 5/5 Jan 17, 2005 10:58 Send this review to a friend
Quality and Price  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I ordered the KENT-TWO brass dual straight
key and iambic paddle after seeing the review here last week. The brass paddle looks like the TP-1 and the straight key is also brass. Both keys are connected to supplied cables. I thought the shipping charges from W & S (24 pounds sterling) were high, but the package was sent express mail. From ordering to delivery by US post office on a SUNDAY took 6 days. Delivered price was about $125.
I own 5 other paddles. The KENT has a better "feel" than the others. The quality is very good. Grab the special while it is available to get the paddle and key for less than the normal price of just the paddle.

LNXAUTHOR Rating: 5/5 Jan 11, 2005 11:10 Send this review to a friend
Jump on this deal quickly!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
- thanks to the original reviewer for mentioning the great sales price at W&S... wished i had tracked the dollar vs pound to save a few bucks, but for less than the U.S. price of the Kent dual paddle i received the Kent "Two" (as the box was labelled) - and that included shipping!

- shipping was fast... the keyset was well packed and protected... my Two has a black 'crinkled' base measuring 100mm by 150mm (hey, it's an English key, right?)...

- nice large, black Navy knob and paddles, bright brass tooling with big knurled adjustments on the black base make this twosome look *awesome*!

- Kent includes two attached cables, one for each key... that's a nice touch and something i didn't get with my Vibroplex Code Warrior Junior...

- adjustment of the straight key and paddles was a snap and done in a few minutes - much easier than the hour-long, painful adjustment of the previously mentioned Vibroplex (which arrived sans cable, and with loose paddles and somewhat inaccessible paddle screws)...

- i love how the paddles work (i knew before i ordered because a friend let me try his Kent paddles), but i didn't expect how great the Kent straight key would feel!

- note however, that the straight key in the Two appears NOT to be the same as the 'regular' Kent straight key... nevertheless, the Two's straight key adjusts and works just fine for me...

- i am a happy camper knowing that i got in on what will most likely be one of those once-in-a-lifetime 'killer' deals!

W3PH Rating: 5/5 Jan 10, 2005 08:55 Send this review to a friend
Solid combination  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I realized just before SKN that not only was I out of practice with a straight key, but I didn't even *have* a straight key anymore (well, the J-38 is here *somewhere* but I'll only find it once I stop looking ...).

Saw mention of the Kent dual paddle/straight key combination at http://www.kent-engineers.com/dualkey.htm - great price, so I ordered one. Came in about a week, and it's lovely - brass parts, black base.

Very impressive - I was worried that the combination would take up too much desk space, but it really doesn't, and a) the paddles are solid, precise, easy to adjust and overall 'excellent', b) the straight key is *much* nicer than my old J-38, c) it looks great, suitable for presentation, d) the base is quite heavy and neither paddle nor straight key are going to move around even under heavy use.

KI7V Rating: 5/5 Jan 2, 2005 00:17 Send this review to a friend
Great Key  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is a dual key made by Kent Engineers and includes a Kent TP-1 Paddle and Straight Key on the same base. As mentioned by several on the TP-1 reviews, there are other high cost paddles that may look better (jewelry keys) but don't perform any better. This paddle has a very solid feel and can be adjusted for close contact spacing and light tension adjustments. This key has the all the performance and engineering that any one needs. It also has a straight key mounted on the same base making a bigger footprint, however there is no way that this will move on you when sending code. A great product for a really great price. These are in limited quantities as specified on the Kent web site and are sold at a bargain price. I have purchased one of the so called high end magnetic keys with the pretty finish, but would take this key over it any day. This one just works great and still looks like a telegraphy instrument.