Reviews Categories | Antenna parts, accessories, incl. baluns, hardware, etc. | KG7RO Baluns Help

Reviews Summary for KG7RO Baluns
KG7RO Baluns Reviews: 7 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $15 to $25. USD
Description: Low Power and QRP Baluns (All Types)
More info: http://www.geocities.com/qrp_baluns

You can write your own review of the KG7RO Baluns.

KD7RDZI2 Rating: 5/5 Sep 23, 2010 16:29 Send this review to a friend
599  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought new three of them on e-bay years ago. These were probably the most reasonably priced balun impedance-adapters on the market. I have one 6:1, one 12:1 and one 18:1!!! All of them are baluns types. I installed permanently the 6:1 for a 6 meters band Bi-Square antenna. I employed the 12:1 for a homemade T2FD (17 meters long for 7 to 30Mhz) for portable use, but yet never used. Also the 18:1 rests in my drawer in case I need it for a future project. Mechanically they seem reasonably well built. In order to make the waterproof I used a larger plastic box for outdoor to contain it. I will post updated reviews as I will have used the 12:1 and 18:1 and compared with other antennas. So far it is a 5!
Does anyone know the current website of this great manufacturer?

DL3GAZ Rating: 5/5 Aug 7, 2006 07:47 Send this review to a friend
QB-9E Unun - Works Great !  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
KG7RO's QB-9E 9:1 unun not only shipped within 3 days to Germany but this little box works a simple 12m vertical wire from 3 to 50 MHz with good results (using an IC-703 with internal tuner).

I value Jason's good sense for details (i.e. stickers, QC note, BNC protection) and his outstanding email support.

Although his units are not designed to be waterproof, mine survived 4 hrs of strong rain shower (BNC downwards). For permanent outdoor usage, Jason recommends some good 3M electrical tape and silicone glue to seal it all up when it is installed where you want it.

Highly recommended.

Sebastian, DL3GAZ

K8RBW Rating: 5/5 May 10, 2006 21:55 Send this review to a friend
Terrific QRP Balun  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased a couple of baluns from Jason, a 1:1 and a 4:1. They are extremely well constructed and provide me with a consistently low SWR over all the antennas I have used them on. They are excellent for portable operation. The only nominal improvement would be to add a wire or hook so that the baluns can be supported.

Jason's responses have been expeditious, courteous and very informative. I never asked him if if he planned on doing anything beyond the QRP realm; if he does, I am sure they will be of very high quality. Kudos to Jason.

de Dick, K8RBW

KC0VRI Rating: 5/5 Apr 29, 2006 21:51 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've bought several items over the last three months from Jason. Great quality, and great service. I've had some noise issues at my QTH and Jason offerred suggestions on how to work the problem and we solved it with a bit of work, his knowledge, and one of his devices. He really stands behind his products. Ships the same day he gets the order. Arrives in the mail within a few days, and it arrives well made and exceeds expectations.

KZ1X Rating: 5/5 Aug 23, 2005 05:43 Send this review to a friend
handy, top quality  Time owned: more than 12 months
If you are a portable HF op, or just are looking to improve the efficiency of your existing antennas to get the most for your milliwatts, then look no further.

The clever packaging of the many different baluns sold by KG7RO make for a wide possible range of compact portable antennas. Easy on the packing, easy on the carrying.

I have several of these units, including some VERY hard-to-find ratio baluns (6.25:1 for example).

Also available is a 9:1 with an F connector, which I am now using with my shack SWL receiver. Really helped improve a situation I knew was not ideal.

Highly recommended.

KR7KZ Rating: 5/5 Aug 18, 2005 06:02 Send this review to a friend
Great !!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
KG7RO's Balun's is the best made I have ever seen. Why QST have not preformed a review on his balums just staggers me..... I took a ohm (via mfj-259) reading of my home-made 9th wave 20 meter windom which wouldn't load with my antenna tuner, and sent Jason the info. When I installed the balum---- it loaded right up without the antenna tuner at a wooping 1.1:2.......It's great !!! Thanks Jason.....

W7PW Rating: 5/5 Jan 4, 2005 06:50 Send this review to a friend
Excellent balun!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I also bought my balun from Jason on eBay...a 12:1 for my 172-foot per leg sloping vee. When I received the balun I was impressed by the quality of construction. Shipping was fast and I got it up in time for the CW Sweepstakes. Although conditions were not great I was pleased at the performance of the balun...it matched my vee perfectly and I could work whatever I could hear even at a 10-watt power level! I looked at the characteristics of the balun with an MFJ antenna analyzer and found an excellent match (1.5:1 or better) over the entire bandwidth of the antenna (SWR rises below 10MHz but that is a function of the height of the feedpoint of the vee *not* the performance of the balun!).