Reviews Categories | Batteries & Chargers for amateur radios. | AlphaPower BC-900 Help

Reviews Summary for AlphaPower BC-900
AlphaPower BC-900 Reviews: 3 Average rating: 3.7/5 MSRP: $49.95
Description: Will charge AA and AAA from slow rates of 200ma to high rates.
More info: http://www.innovativehomeproducts.com

You can write your own review of the AlphaPower BC-900.

PA1HR Rating: 5/5 Dec 31, 2007 03:58 Send this review to a friend
Exellent charger for low price!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months

I recognize what the former reviewer wrote, but you have to be a little bit patience. After a few minutes the charger will recognize the cell and will not display NULL anymore.

Fully featured charger for just a little price.

Recommended in every way!

WB9YCJ Rating: 1/5 Dec 31, 2007 03:51 Send this review to a friend
AVOID  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Obtained a new bc-900 from Amazon.... Unit was indeed new in the box yet it had difficulty recognizing (and charging) fully depleted cells. Unit lcd display read "null" on good NiMh cells that were depleted (run down) that my Maha 401 cool charger had no problem recognizing and charging. I called their tech assitance and they confirmed this is design matter and the unit I had was not defective for that particular issue. I have learned that other people encountered the same problem but got around it by first charging depleted cells in another (not BC-900) charger in order to raise the voltage a bit then stick them back in the BC-900. A HASSLE! The BC-900 is on the way back to the dealer and........Im staying with my Maha 401 cool charger!

W4UXJ Rating: 5/5 Jan 2, 2005 12:52 Send this review to a friend
Best one I have used but only for 1 - 4 AA and AAA single cells  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just got this battery charger a week ago and have found it to be the best one yet of all the ones I have. It will only charge AA and AAA with one to four separate batteries at a time. It has a great display that shows charge rate or total ampere-hours or volts or total time. It can be programmed for each individual battery also. Default is 200ma charge rate. I would always recommend the lowest rate to get max life from your batteries. It has a recondition mode where it discharges battery first before it charges it. Beware of the multiple discharge-recondition mode because it goes thru several discharge-charge cycles to attempt to equalize the batteries and I have found that this can take several days!!

This is the best charger I have found yet.