Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Verticals and Wire | Spi-Ro D-42 Help

Reviews Summary for Spi-Ro D-42
Spi-Ro D-42 Reviews: 2 Average rating: 4.5/5 MSRP: $$109.95
Description: Work multiple bands with only one feedline!
Automatic Band Switching
Factory assembled, ready to use
Lightweight, sealed, weatherproof antenna traps
Handles 600 watts
Coax fed with 50 or 75 ohm cable
For all transmitters, receivers & transceivers
Excellent for all class of amateurs
Constructed with extra strong 14 gauge stranded antenna wire
Includes Deluxe Center Connector or "Pro-Balun" option; All accept standard PL-259 coax connector
Use as Inverted"V", Flat-top, Sloping, etc.
Low loss end insulators
Instructions included
More info: http://spiromfg.com/multi-band_dipoles.htm

You can write your own review of the Spi-Ro D-42.

K2TPZ Rating: 5/5 Dec 19, 2006 05:35 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Dipole  Time owned: more than 12 months
I needed a shortened 40-10 meter dipole for a city lot. I gave this one a try. It arrived sooner than I expected and it came fully assembled. All I needed to do was hang it. That was easy as I had three good sized trees in my backyard just where I needed them to be.

The results on all bands, especially 40 and 20 was excellent. With my xcvr tuner, I was also able to match the WARC bands. If I had the room now in my Baltimore row-house backyard, I would use it again. It's a great antenna and the company owner was very helpful in answering questions I had in selecting the right antenna for my needs.

KG6POG Rating: 4/5 Apr 7, 2006 15:38 Send this review to a friend
Great as a 20 and 40 meter dipole, but misses on 15m  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
This is a very easy way to get a multu-band antenna up in the air.
I have mine setup as a sloper with the top and 55 feet and slopiong to 10 feet at the bottom. I just put it up to play with for a little while.
It works great on 20m ( about 1/12 S-units better than my 20 meter dipole). It works pretty well on 40 meters and I found it's about 1/2 S-unit lower than my full size 40 meter dipole. On 10 it works ok about a 1.2.1 SWR but doesn't scream, and on 15 I couldn't get it below a 3.1.1 SWR out of it, maybe because of the way I have it set up.

The best thing about this antenna is it covers 20 meters and 40 meters with a decent SWR and really does a great job on 20 meters. Again 40 meters is pretty decent and better than some shortned 40 meter dipoles i've used.