Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | EZ Hang (tm) Help

Reviews Summary for EZ Hang (tm)
EZ Hang (tm) Reviews: 42 Average rating: 3.8/5 MSRP: $$89.95
Description: Sling Shot wire antenna installer
More info: http://www.ezhang.com/

You can write your own review of the EZ Hang (tm).

WB9JOX Rating: 4/5 Nov 26, 2015 09:48 Send this review to a friend
Fair price  Time owned: more than 12 months
Owned Ez hang for years.When I did use Ez hang it worked for me. If you live in area where neighbors not close, you could use bow &arrow.Yes might take some practice with Ez hang ,but worth the price.I did use it last fall to install inverted L .There is always something better ,but at higher price. Ez hang a good antenna tool for the price.

KD8IIC Rating: 4/5 Nov 26, 2015 09:37 Send this review to a friend
Good Product  Time owned: more than 12 months
Owned and have used mine, shared it with other hams too for past 5 years. Good to know what you're doing with it though. Experience with fishing line and and fishing rod/reels is a plus. Does well what it's designed for if you follow the directions.
VY 73 lane

N9AOP Rating: 5/5 Nov 26, 2015 09:28 Send this review to a friend
WORKS WELL  Time owned: more than 12 months
This product works well---Unless
1. You never used a slingshot.
2. You never had to manage thin monofilament line and a spinning reel.

If you fall into that category, get some lessons from an experienced person or buy something else.
Art

W7MCK Rating: 1/5 Nov 26, 2015 09:05 Send this review to a friend
Cheap waste of money  Time owned: more than 12 months
I managed to get one wire up in a tree since I've had it.
After I was done, it would no longer reel the spool back in.
After anymore tries, the wire would always break and I would loose the weights that came with it.
It's one of the cheapest poorly made devices I've ever had.
Don't waste your time and $100 bucks like I did.

G7NKS Rating: 4/5 Jun 13, 2015 23:53 Send this review to a friend
Good overall, instructions could be better  Time owned: more than 12 months
Ive had mine for 3 years now and it works well. Changing the reel is not intuitive if you're not a fisherman and the instructions could be a bit clearer on how to change the reel. I bought the full kit and it was a bit expensive but it does work. It is quite powerful and will shoot the weights some distance so be warned! Good overall. Jim G7NKS

K6SDW Rating: 4/5 Dec 18, 2014 15:47 Send this review to a friend
Time to say adios  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought my EZ Hang maybe 10-12 years ago and it has served me well....once I practiced and got the "hang" of it!!

But, saying adios to an old friend, the potato shooters run circles around the EZ Hang...sorry OM, but my friend WB6RVR can put a line 125' in the air exactly where you want it!!

Take care EZ Hang, you were the best years ago.

ed

KG7ACW Rating: 4/5 Sep 7, 2013 23:32 Send this review to a friend
Works well  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was shocked at how powerful this thing is. First shot went way higher and further than I would have guessed. So far in fact, I couldn't retrieve the weight. Over in the next property over a fence. 2nd shot was perfect with a half pull. Wish they had loaded it with brighter colored string. Otherwise, works as advertised.

K4WRF Rating: 5/5 Jun 29, 2013 11:48 Send this review to a friend
Works as advertized  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Instructions are brief and to the point, read and understand first. Conducted several trial shots to get the feel of it and gauge the range. Hit the mark on the first shots...
Happy customer!

KK9H Rating: 5/5 Jun 3, 2013 05:30 Send this review to a friend
Works well for me  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought one of these several years ago at Dayton. As with others, it took a bit of practice to get used to it, but now I usually hit where I want go go on the first try. When we go on summer vacation in the north woods I take my K3 with me and this is how I get my antennas nice and high in the trees. I have not experienced any problems with the reel or fishline. I also use it to help put antennas up for Field Day. They go up quick and easy now that I am proficient with it, what more could you ask?

M0AZE Rating: 0/5 Jun 2, 2013 08:06 Send this review to a friend
Good idea but that's about it.  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought the whole kit, extra weights, spare elastic for the catapult, bright orange line - cost a small fortune.
What I received did not really reflect the price I paid. The parts used are not of quality for the money. The catapult has worked but unfortunately the spool will not let the fishing line out. Pressing the release knob does nothing as the cover prevents any forward movement.
I've written to ezhang and received a very courteous response that covers what I've already tried. Whether more recent products have better quality I cannot say but when you read reports from great to junk that should have the manufacturers attention and problem fixed. They market very aggressively and I'm okay with that as long as the product is up to it. Mine is not - so buyer beware.
I'm off to eBay and see if I can source better elements of this device.