Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Directional (Yagi, quad, etc.) | Cushcraft 215WB Help

Reviews Summary for Cushcraft 215WB
Cushcraft 215WB Reviews: 6 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: 15 element VHF 2 meter beam.

You can write your own review of the Cushcraft 215WB.

KI6OSH Rating: 5/5 Jun 21, 2013 23:37 Send this review to a friend
Works very well!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I've had this antenna up for about 4 months and it just plain works. Traded another yagi for it and no regrets. Put it together in three sections, tightened some screws and it really gets out there. I have it on a rotor about 35 feet above ground and it's opened up a whole new world for me, 2 meter ssb. I highly recommend this one and thanks to KJ6LZR for helping me get it in the air.

W4KVW Rating: 5/5 Jun 20, 2009 21:28 Send this review to a friend
WORKS WELL  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had my 215WB up for about 6 years & it works GREAT.It is by far the BEST antenna I have ever owned that was made by CUSHCRAFT.It is MUCH better than the 17B2 I had years ago which was built with VERY POOR quality material.I also think it's better than the 13B2 which I have had 2 of.My 215WB was FREE from another local ham who wanted his tower & antennas removed so I was glad to help him out.Mine is mounted at 61 ft.& does me a GREAT job on 2 meter SSB.I am usually an M2 man but unless the 215WB stops working I'll stick with it & if it quits I'll replace it with an M2 dual polarity model.This antenna has been in use for about 15 years between myself & the previous owner with NO ISSUES or parts replacement & that's VERY GOOD. }:>)

WD4AFY Rating: 5/5 Dec 21, 2008 17:48 Send this review to a friend
Great Performer for the Price  Time owned: more than 12 months
I had the 215WB antenna up at 50 feet for over 20 years fed with very low loss coax. The antenna exhibited a low SWR. Using up to 160 watts on 2 meter SSB, I was able to work 40 states, 4 countries, and well over a 150 grid squares. It's not the most expensive 2 meter antenna, but in my opinion, it is a great performer for the price. (This antenna never was exposed to the elements of snow or an ice storm here in the south, but has survived up to 70mph winds.)

K5RIX Rating: 5/5 Jul 8, 2006 18:17 Send this review to a friend
Lifetime reliable  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had this antenna all over the world for, I guess, sixteen or seventeen years. It is reliable and compact. For what it is, nothing comes close. I highly recommend this particular arrangement of aluminum and wire.

N5EIL Rating: 5/5 Feb 21, 2005 17:17 Send this review to a friend
great for MS  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I got this antenna used from a Ham's stack of four, now I wish that I had bought all four! I got this antenna in 3 sections, put it all back together in minutes and put it on a small 5 foot mast for testing. With no tweeking, SWR was flat 1:1 across the bottom of the band, and decided to give meteor scatter a try, which is something I had always wanted to do but never had the antenna for it. Well, at 5' off the ground with 50W I made contacts all over the US with this antenna, a real champ that has taken some strong winds and rain with no problems.

I have used this antenna for Terrestrial, AO-51, NOAA sats, and Meteor Scatter, and it is really one of a kind. Very tight f/b and very directional, even more so than I thought it would be.

KB0GU Rating: 5/5 Jan 9, 2005 12:21 Send this review to a friend
Sturdy Antenna  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Got this one used in three sections. Easily put it together and mounted it about 20 foot off the ground on my deck so I could hand rotate it until I get it up on the tower. Outstanding gain and front to back. Even more outstanding durability, here is why. My Gap Challenger got ice loaded and bent over onto the rear of the boom of this antenna and it supported the Gap for a couple of days with all that ice on it. When I got out there to take the Gap off had some entanglement issues and put even more strain on the 215WB boom, it took it and is in fine shape with no signs of damage. Wish I could say the same for the Gap which needs a section replaced now.