Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Other than logging | QRZ CD ROM Help

Reviews Summary for QRZ CD ROM
QRZ CD ROM Reviews: 11 Average rating: 2.1/5 MSRP: $24.95
Description: CD ROM version of the QRZ database, searchable and including images
More info: http://www.qrz.com

You can write your own review of the QRZ CD ROM.

K7MHI Rating: 2/5 Sep 1, 2009 18:44 Send this review to a friend
come on!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
this stinks, I just purchased this cd for use with HRD because I dont have internet all the time. There is no locator information so you cant rotate or use the world map to view your contacts BOOO come on QRZ get your database working cool.

KB3HJK Rating: 2/5 Feb 13, 2007 11:30 Send this review to a friend
Expected more  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought this expecting the same info that is on the QRZ website. Not the case, sadly. It does not even list qsl info and managers for DX stations. On the plus side, it integrates nicely with my logging program, but overall it is dissapointing. I hope future versions will better reflect the website.

4Z5PM Rating: 5/5 Aug 27, 2006 18:39 Send this review to a friend
Perfect!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Very well works with my program MixW2.17

KA0W Rating: 5/5 Mar 11, 2006 19:01 Send this review to a friend
Functions Fine  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been using the QRZ CD ROMs for several years. Update every year or sooner. Works great as a backup when without a net connection. Never had problems with them. Reasonable price as well.

JMD Rating: 3/5 Dec 21, 2005 18:37 Send this review to a friend
You get what you pay for  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Its ok nothing special

I have the latest 26 and I thought I would get the same info as the on-line version but found that not to be true

I sent away for the new HamCall with free downloads for 6 months. It has way more features and data than this one and only costs about 20 dollars more.

I would spend the extra 20 dollars

OBSERVER11 Rating: 0/5 Nov 14, 2005 20:15 Send this review to a friend
POS  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
JUNK, pure waste of plastic.

It does not install while running an anti-virus program. Luckily, I was able to restore back to a previous restore point.

I was able to install on a Win2K system, but found the data to be as inaccurate as the online data. NO MORE QRZ for me.

KC0W Rating: 0/5 May 26, 2005 19:54 Send this review to a friend
Bad news  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Same problem as the others with my install.

Tom kcw

K3GI Rating: 5/5 May 26, 2005 19:07 Send this review to a friend
Great program--no problem installing  Time owned: months
I've been using the QRZ CD-ROM callsign database for several years. I just upgraded last week to volume 25. I installed it on both PCs in my shack with little problem. Of course, I always disable Norton for every install that I do. You can install the database on your hard drive so you don't have to have the CD in your CD drive when using the program. Though their online database is great, it's handy to have the CD version also. No problems with it at all. It deserves a 5!

N9VO Rating: 0/5 May 26, 2005 16:39 Send this review to a friend
Same Scenario!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have exactly the same problem. Malicious script and then Norton dies. Tried deleting and reinstalling and no good. Have not had time to trouble shoot thoroughly but it is for sure a problem with the cd. I will be addressing it with qrz staff. Not sure what help we can get.
Hopefully I can do a system restore. Oh by the way, running xp here.

KC2KET Rating: 0/5 May 26, 2005 11:15 Send this review to a friend
Horrible  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently ordered the 25th edition of QRZ cd rom. When installing I encountered a malicious script warning on my pc. I ignored this warning and continued the installation. Well this was the wrong thing to do! Their software completely disabled my Norton Antivirus and caused other applications serious trouble. An e-mail that I received back from QRZ says that it couldn't possibly be their software causing this problem. So I went to uninstall QRZ and I could not remove all of the contents of the program. There is an .ini file that must be manually removed first. This software gets a "thumbs down" from me. I urge everyone to steer clear of the potentially dangerous problem that could be caused to your pc.