Reviews Categories | Speakers for communications use | BHI NES 10-2 MKII noise eliminating speaker Help

Reviews Summary for BHI NES 10-2 MKII noise eliminating speaker
BHI NES 10-2 MKII noise eliminating speaker Reviews: 18 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $99.00 GBP
Description: NES10-2 MKII Adjustable Noise Eliminating Speaker.
Flagship DSP speaker with many features ideal for amateur radio. The MK II features power on/off switch with audio bypass.

More info: http://www.bhi-ltd.co.uk/

You can write your own review of the BHI NES 10-2 MKII noise eliminating speaker.

ZL1PO Rating: 5/5 Aug 1, 2014 15:45 Send this review to a friend
Primo!!!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I originally got one of the MK1 models years ago.Now I have three of them.One at home,one in the mobile and the third for portable ops.

On the Minus side :-(
The audio out sounds abit crackly on peaks.
The unit exhibits a low audio hum.
Please bhi do away with the awful coaxial DC plug socket.Kindly wire in a permanent 'flying' DC wires.

The home base unit failed the other month.Some how I managed to blow the protection diode on the earth circuit.A Mk3 model has been ordered and is on the way from the UK :-)

Set up correctly these are absolutely brilliant
Over all I highly recommend them.

G7HZZ Rating: 3/5 Mar 22, 2014 15:17 Send this review to a friend
Points missed earlier  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Oops - I forgot, that there is a bypass switch for the noise cancelling stage, but it is in a forgettable place, underneath the unit, and hidden by the mounting bracket. Also, I should add that the hum is most objectionable (unbearable) when using headphones, especially at low volume.

AUSSIE Rating: 5/5 Sep 27, 2012 15:53 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Performance  Time owned: more than 12 months
I use my Bhi NES10-MK2 on a few receivers combined with the Bhi switch box main intrest is monitoring aircraft does work excellent only thing im planing to buy a few more got over 40 receivers and it works better then receivers with dsp..

ZS6DJD Rating: 5/5 Jul 24, 2011 17:42 Send this review to a friend
Very good hear stations out of the noise.  Time owned: more than 12 months
This noise cancelling speaker works well. While running a special event station from South Africa I managed to hear and work on 8 nights stations from Europe that were lost in the noise. I used this filter with a kenwood TS 50. This nose cancelling speaker seems to work very well with the TS 50 radio. It did not seem to work so well with and old Icom 735. I am not certain if I have mark one or mark two.

26JLH Rating: 5/5 Jan 8, 2011 13:54 Send this review to a friend
dee yes peeeeeee  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
well i got this one for 100 pounds,well when i got it out of the box i thought i had been done.
it did not look like a hundred pounds worth and i thought well it will not work good by the look of it as it seemed very small.
Well i put it on and i was glad i was wrong it did work good cut the noise down, and was loud so i take my hat off to BHI..what a wonderful speaker.
It makes my yaesu ft 890 as good as the ft-950 and i dont need to get another radio.
I would recomend this speaker to anyone and yes its worth the 100 pounds hands down...jeff M6GLH

G3LGR Rating: 5/5 Oct 19, 2010 11:05 Send this review to a friend
Good for satellites  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been using the unit for 5 years now, connected to the audio output of my Icom 821H and 910H satellite transceivers. The unit was designed primarily for white noise reduction and allows me to clearly receive satellite signals from the horizon upwards, instead of 10 degrees and above before I had the unit.
The only minor gripe is the small headphone socket on the side of the unit.

VK2XMD Rating: 5/5 Oct 19, 2010 01:15 Send this review to a friend
almost unbelievable!  Time owned: more than 12 months

I was talked into buying one of these years ago, (despite my reservations about it) and for various reasons never got around to hooking it up to anything. (long story). Now I am getting back into ham radio and dug out my old IC-756Pro2, and set up a makeshift antenna to check it out. I found some signals buried in the hash, and the built-in DSP in the Icom didn't seem to help much. Then I connected the NES10-2 (Not sure if it's Mk1 or Mk2) and was astounded at the result. The noise floor just disappeared! And there was the signal; it was as if I had replaced the antenna! Every ham (or short wave listener) should have one of these...

G3UXB Rating: 5/5 Jul 26, 2010 19:53 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic little box  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have had this speaker for a month or two now, and I was initially really wary of it so small, how could it do a good job. The initial setting was set at 6 and I found this too much processing when backed down to 4 or 5 maximum it was a great improvement this thing just eliminates noise including my RF nightmare (the kitchen fluorescent with electronic ballast). I am currently using it with a Lowe HF-225 Europa in a Pelican case with a gel cell and a RadioMaster PA-30 SWL antenna. This is the same as the GAP Hear It Now speaker but I bought mine from the UK $20 cheaper than buying it in the US from Universal including shipping. BTW I am located on the West Coast, get one you will not regret it or believe it

KJ4DKT Rating: 5/5 Apr 2, 2010 03:08 Send this review to a friend
NONE BETTER  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have DSP on all of my rigs. I use this unit (GAP HEAR IT) after the internal DSP. It is amazing. I also have a AM COM DSP unit. It is also an excellent unit. Buy either and enjoy HFing. I use HF phone only. Probably the most used acc. in your shack. If you buy one and dont like it call me. Ill buy it. kj4dkt

G7EMD Rating: 5/5 Feb 19, 2010 12:18 Send this review to a friend