Reviews Categories | Antenna Rotators & Accessories | CDE Ham M Help

Reviews Summary for CDE Ham M
Reviews: 7 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $??
Description: Medium Duty Rotor

You can write your own review of the CDE Ham M.

WB0SNF Rating: 5/5 Aug 9, 2016 19:39 Send this review to a friend
35 faithful years  Time owned: more than 12 months
Hi. I got my ham m in 1980, It had had either a lightning hit or a voltage spike as the motor was burned out as was the large xfmr and a few other parts in the control box. I could see where windings were burned on motor so just shined up the burned ends, spliced it and that was that. A good cleaning and a little grease and the rotor was done.
I only had a xfmr about the size of the whole control box so mounted the xfmr behind control box on a 1/6 board. New capacitor and a few other minor parts and it has worked great on a full size 20 meter monobander ever since---till summer of 2016. Brake got sticky this summer and didn't want to release. Another good cleaning, a little grease, new control cable and another capacitor, works fine and it will probably outlast me. Best $4:00 I ever spent.

WB0SNF Rating: 5/5 Dec 31, 2015 21:54 Send this review to a friend
problem free  Time owned: more than 12 months
Got mine in about 1978 and has been rotating a full size 20 meter mono bander ever since. No problems. Moved tower 2 years ago and cleaned and greased rotor. At this rate it will outlast me. What a great unit. Best 73

K2IZ Rating: 5/5 Dec 7, 2014 21:39 Send this review to a friend
outstanding  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought my Ham M II in 1974 when they first came out, I finally took it down this past November, 2014, it was still working, I bought a refurbished Ham M II and installed it, in the 40 years I used the original rotor I got into the habit of releasing the brake, rotating the antenna and when it stopped I did a slow count to 5 before releasing the brake, apparently other owners don't do this, resulting in the wedge brake breaking off inside the rotor.
The original rotor held the antenna in place through 3 hurricanes and numerous Nor'easters and summer storms.

W2HP Rating: 5/5 Nov 17, 2013 17:34 Send this review to a friend
Bought new in 1964  Time owned: more than 12 months
My Ham-m I bought new in 1964. When I moved in 1977 it came with me on top of my 55ft 25G. In 1990 I put up a Triex 55ft tower and took my Ham-m off the 25G and onto the Triex tower. Only work ever was new resistor and lubricants. Its still turning a Mosley PRO-57 WARC and a Diamond X-510 and works perfectly. It survived Super Storm Sandy! Very happy!

K0KS Rating: 5/5 Jul 12, 2013 18:59 Send this review to a friend
Golden Oldie  Time owned: more than 12 months
I got over 40 years of service from a Ham-M but did have to replace bearings several times and the capacitors and the pot-strip was always noisy or not functioning. It always turned oversized arrays and stopped them with a jolt that shook the 25G tower. Parts and repair service are widely available.

W8KQE Rating: 5/5 Feb 21, 2010 20:23 Send this review to a friend
In use since 1977! Built like a tank!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had my CDE medium duty rotor and control box since I first got licensed in high school back in 1977! I am turning 49 this year. I've never opened it up or done any maintenance on it whatsoever, and it still works perfectly like it did when new. It's been used at 3 QTH's, and has never failed to turn my Mosley TA-32 and 33 'Junior' tribanders all these decades! Blows my mind!

W4VD Rating: 5/5 Feb 1, 2005 21:35 Send this review to a friend
great old rotor  Time owned: more than 12 months
I found one of these oldies about 3 years ago on ebay for around 100-125 bucks, I forget the exact price, but after opening it up and giving it a cleaning and a greasing, it's been turning my A4S very effortlessly and regularly ever since. I don't have the specs on this rotor, but I think it's around the CD45 range, maybe a tad more. I plan on adding a 3 or 5 element 6 meter yagi in the future, and I am positive it will be up to the task.

Well built unit, with the price of rotors, should you see a deal on one, jump on it.