Reviews Categories | Antenna Rotators & Accessories | CDE Ham M Help

Reviews Summary for CDE Ham M
Reviews: 4 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $??
Description: Medium Duty Rotor

You can write your own review of the CDE Ham M.

W2HP Rating: 5/5 Nov 17, 2013 17:34 Send this review to a friend
Bought new in 1964  Time owned: more than 12 months
My Ham-m I bought new in 1964. When I moved in 1977 it came with me on top of my 55ft 25G. In 1990 I put up a Triex 55ft tower and took my Ham-m off the 25G and onto the Triex tower. Only work ever was new resistor and lubricants. Its still turning a Mosley PRO-57 WARC and a Diamond X-510 and works perfectly. It survived Super Storm Sandy! Very happy!

K0KS Rating: 5/5 Jul 12, 2013 18:59 Send this review to a friend
Golden Oldie  Time owned: more than 12 months
I got over 40 years of service from a Ham-M but did have to replace bearings several times and the capacitors and the pot-strip was always noisy or not functioning. It always turned oversized arrays and stopped them with a jolt that shook the 25G tower. Parts and repair service are widely available.

W8KQE Rating: 5/5 Feb 21, 2010 20:23 Send this review to a friend
In use since 1977! Built like a tank!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had my CDE medium duty rotor and control box since I first got licensed in high school back in 1977! I am turning 49 this year. I've never opened it up or done any maintenance on it whatsoever, and it still works perfectly like it did when new. It's been used at 3 QTH's, and has never failed to turn my Mosley TA-32 and 33 'Junior' tribanders all these decades! Blows my mind!

W4VD Rating: 5/5 Feb 1, 2005 21:35 Send this review to a friend
great old rotor  Time owned: more than 12 months
I found one of these oldies about 3 years ago on ebay for around 100-125 bucks, I forget the exact price, but after opening it up and giving it a cleaning and a greasing, it's been turning my A4S very effortlessly and regularly ever since. I don't have the specs on this rotor, but I think it's around the CD45 range, maybe a tad more. I plan on adding a 3 or 5 element 6 meter yagi in the future, and I am positive it will be up to the task.

Well built unit, with the price of rotors, should you see a deal on one, jump on it.