Reviews Categories | Microphone Equalizers & Transmit Audio Accessories | MFJ-1263 Microphone/Radio Switch Help

Reviews Summary for MFJ-1263 Microphone/Radio Switch
MFJ-1263 Microphone/Radio Switch Reviews: 19 Average rating: 3.8/5 MSRP: $99
Description: Switches two mics or mic/headset between two radios. Lets you mix and match any combo. Takes common PTT switch to control both radios. Switches audio between speaker and headphones.

You can write your own review of the MFJ-1263 Microphone/Radio Switch.

K6SDW Rating: 4/5 Dec 12, 2016 16:08 Send this review to a friend
It works FB  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Sorry MFJ haters......the MFJ-1263 works and works as advertised!

Expensive, so I gave it a 4 Star, but it works.

Cheers All

K5MP Rating: 5/5 Mar 20, 2016 12:14 Send this review to a friend
Love it, but I have a question  Time owned: months
I've owned and used my MFJ-1263 with extremely good results switching a Heil Goldline Boom mic and a couple various now Heil IC pro headset between a IC-756 Pro, and one other HF rig (a Yaesu followed by a replacement Kenwood). Now my challenge is to configure to switch my two mics, each wired for ICOM round connector between the IC-756 and a newly acquired Elecraft K2. Has anyone duplicated this configuration, and if so, what was your resulting Radio Jumper pin assignments for the K2 as Radio #2? I was told the pinout is same as Kenwood, but that did not pan out. I hope I can make this solution work without modifying anything in the K2. I'd like to know if anyone has accomplished this task. Thanks.

WD5FUN Rating: 5/5 Mar 19, 2016 07:06 Send this review to a friend
IT DOES WHAT IT IS ADVERTISED TO DO  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I gave it a 5 because it does exactly what MFJ says it will do. It allows you to integrate two microphones with two radios and does it very well. I agree it would be an even more useful device if it provided for two speaker inputs and two headphone outputs, but it is very clear reading the marketing information that it provides one speaker input and output.

The quality of workmanship is very good for the price range. The unit is working perfectly for my needs allowing me to use a Heil PR-781 and a Heil pro set elite as microphones for a Kenwood TS-590 and an Apache Labs Anan 10.

I believe that MFJ should consider offering another switch incorporating a second speaker input and a second headphone output.

N4UP Rating: 2/5 Jul 24, 2015 15:56 Send this review to a friend
WD9GJK is Right  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I must echo what WD9GJK has said about headphones/speakers. I understand this is a microphone switch, not a speaker switch. So WHY have ONE headphone/speaker input and ONE headphone/speaker output ???

It would have made more sense to have NO headphone/speaker capability. And much more sense to have TWO.

I have both a conventional microphone and a Pro 7 headset that I would like to switch between two radios. This product CANNOT handle switching one headset between two radios. So I did what WD9GKJ did, and added an external audio switch.

It would not have taken much to make this the perfect microphone/radio switch.

WD9GJK Rating: 2/5 Jan 25, 2014 11:59 Send this review to a friend
Jumper Blocks  Time owned: more than 12 months
I am the owner of a MFJ 1263 microphone switch. I have owned it for approximately 4 years now and have never had it on the air until today. I am also the proud owner of a Yaesu FT 736R and a Yaesu Ft 847 this Microphone switch was to be used for VHF contesting and weak signal work in the VHF-UHF bands.
I could never get the switch to work between the 2 Yaesu radios. Because of the MFJs Jumper blocks in the box, I have contacted the MFJ Technical Suport Line and was told that the they would not offer and solutions or sugjestion as they donít want to be held responsible. I might burn up a Radio OK CYA I understand this. I have found the solution to this problem which is a common ground in Microphone connector on the 736 R this makes the box function as it should. When you place a jumper in the box.
Now for the second half of the MFJ 1263 problem. MFJ has a headphone jack on the frond of the box and they tell you that you can use a Headset on the radio. But when you look at the back of the box there is only one Radio input for the box. Again Call up the Tec Guru at MFJ and he will tell you that it is a microphone switch not a speaker switch. It will switch between 2 Radios and 2 microphones but not the headset of 2 radios. My solution was went to radio shack and for 10 bucks 1 Switch and a couple of audio cables I completed what MFJ could not. An almost perfect microphone switch.
Thanks for eham and Don K2DC for there information in an article Yaesu FT-736R Mic Not Keying

Thanks for reading
Mike WD9GJK

KK4QBU Rating: 3/5 Oct 7, 2013 14:13 Send this review to a friend
Not Like Addvertised  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just purchased this mfj 1263 Mic switch from HRO Atlanta, but before I did I called MFJ Technical support to make sure it would do what I wanted it to do, They told me that it would and that that was what it was designed for But after I got the unit I could not get it to work properly and called MFJ Tech support they told me how to configure it to work but it still would not, so after many e-mails to mfj they finally just quit responding to my e-mails, so I called HRO and they did some research and put me in touch with Heil, Heil told me it would not work with the Icom 7000 and He explained why so now I know why MFJ wouldn't call me back. THEY SCREWED UP!! It will NOT work with all Microphones and Radios as advertised. My Hats of to HRO and Heil They really stepped up and helped me when MFJ would not. I would not recommend MFJ products to anyone after this fiasco.

Alan
KK4QBU

K5TGS Rating: 5/5 Jun 25, 2011 18:47 Send this review to a friend
Works As Stated!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had this device for over a year now and find it very helpful! When received I set it up with the cables and found it great for two mics and two radios. I do use it with two Icom radios and two Heil mics so mix and match were not an issue. I also did not need to change any jumper settings. Looks very nice and the front panel layout works well in the shack.

K8OCN Rating: 5/5 May 29, 2010 18:32 Send this review to a friend
O own 3, they work well  Time owned: more than 12 months
I own 3 and am looking for another one so I can use my new ID-880H D-Star rig with my PR-40.

I have them connecting 220 rig, TS-2000, IC-756 ProIII so I can use my PR-40 and foot switch. Its nice so I don't have all the mics and cords all over the place.

These are (at least to me) Easy to set up but are a little pricey. I do wish they made one that would allow something like 4 rigs to be connected

On the MFJ thing why does everyone feel the need to slam MFJ all the time? I have a lot of MFJ stuff, yes I have had to do a little work on stuff sometimes. But they are affordable with their pricing so I can re heat a few connections.

As far as service I have called them a few times and have always found someone that was in America that I could understand when they spoke with me. I did have to send in a new AL-611 Amp but they repaired the amp and returned in quickly and they paid the shipping back.

Del KA8OCN

K5WRK Rating: 0/5 Apr 22, 2010 19:21 Send this review to a friend
well...it works  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
If you can understand mfj without saying DAMN or calling mfj you are at a real advantage..otherwise you are to be pittied..my experiance with mfj has been anything but good...all i can say is it's working,, NOW...

N2XB Rating: 3/5 Oct 13, 2009 06:10 Send this review to a friend
Works for me, but...  Time owned: more than 12 months
A useful but limited device. It can connect to a maximum of two microphones. It can connect to a maximum of two radios.

IMPORTANT: Despite that fact that MFJ is still advertising this as "mix and match any two microphones to any two transceivers," you CANNOT interconnect two types of microphones and two types of receivers. You can connect two types of microphones to one type of radio (e.g., Icom and Yaesu mics to two Icom radios). Or you can connect one type of microphone to two types of radios (e.g., two Icom mics to an Icom radio and a Yaesu radio). It does NOT allow you to mix-and-match types (e.g., an Icom mic and a Yaesu mic to an Icom radio and a Yaesu radio). Got that?

The device is so lightweight that it will slide all over your desk if you just try to push the buttons with one finger. Either operate it with your thumb while you try to hold it in place with your fingers, or brace it somehow. My solution was to drill holes in the top and mount the whole thing to the underside of my riser.

The speaker on/off and volume controls only have ONE input. Unbelievably, they are not controlled via the radio selection button. For a device intended for two radios, that makes the speaker on/off and volume controls basically useless.